Waiting for the Trade suggestion thread

Missy

The Sword Vol. 1: Fire

Hack/Slash Vol. 1

Anything from Zenescope or Avatar. I don't expect either of you to like much of it, but it'd be fun for variety's sake.

Hack/Slash would be cool. Dubs: volume three is getting a second printing in October!!!

I'd like to see you two try and make sense of Yuggoth Cultures. Actually, maybe I wouldn't...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sword Vol. 1: Fire

Hack/Slash Vol. 1

Anything from Zenescope or Avatar. I don't expect either of you to like much of it, but it'd be fun for variety's sake.

Hack/Slash would be cool. Dubs: volume three is getting a second printing in October!!!

Woot~! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not only are we looking for trade selections, but also ideas for special themed episodes. So feel free to add those to the mix, too.

Well, you've covered the big DC Comics origins, how about some Marvel origins, like Daredevil: Man Without Fear, or Wolverine: Origin?

Or comics for kids, say Akiko, Leave it to Chance and Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the Eighth Grade?

Maybe collections of comic strips?

Prince Valiant Vol 1

Complete Peanuts 1950-1952

Complete Terry and the Pirates Vol 1 1934-36

Or endings?

The Dark Knight Returns

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

Thanos: Marvel Universe - The End

You could devote an episode or two to major story lines that take up several trades:

The Sinestro Corps

Sinestro Corps vol 1-2

Tales of the Sinestro Corps

The Death and Return of Superman Trilogy

The Death of Superman

World Without Superman

Return of Superman

Finally, there's the forerunner to the modern trade, the 80 Page Giant. A few years back DC reprinted some of their silver age 80 pagers as prestige format one shots. I've picked up a few dirt cheap at my LCS. They're interesting reminders of a time when back issues and trades were nonexistent.

You could look at pivotal moments for characters. Since you've already done Secret Origin for Green Lantern it could be Emerald Twilight/New Dawn, Rebirth and Sinestro Corps War.

Or you could look at major events by individual writers like Bendis or Johns. Actually, you could do a sort of career retrospective for those guys. Bendis could be Jinx (pre Marvel), Alias: The Secret Origins of Jessica Jones (early non-traditional Marvel) and House of M (Big event). A best of Brubaker could be cool, Sleeper, Gotham Central, Daredevil.

Crossover comics.

You could do company crossovers like Marvel/DC or Avengers/JLA Punisher/Batman or Judge Dredd/Batman Spawn/Batman or in company crossovers like JLA/JSA crossovers, or the first meeting of teen titans and the outsiders.

Really I just want you guys to talk about the Judge Dredd/Batman crossover, as the one with the scarecrow is just awesome and the page with what Judge Death fears most, I want that artwork.

judge+death%27s+faear.jpg