The Apple Inc. Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TFG1Mike

The thing about the new Nano I don't get is why someone would pay that much for a postage stamp.

I know right? it's basically the older shuffle model with a touchscreen..... fugly! I was planning on getting a older nano before this event and engraving it through Apple. Now I can't do that damnit. However Apple TV looks so awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the Apple Store today and checked out the new Nano.

It's tiny, but surprisingly usable. I wouldn't say it's the greatest thing ever (it's really not), but it's fine. It'll be totally worth it for some people out there. Personally, I'll stick to my iPhone/iPod Touch. Maybe look at a Nano when it's bigger again, and not the size of a postage stamp.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently scheming to find a way to get access to the Japanese iTunes store. Cause, hey, there are some songs I would really like to add on there. Anyone know of a way to do this, and whether or not iTunes music still has that stupid you can only play it on one account thing going?

hell yeah someone that agrees with me ty drqshadow!!! lol all I can say anymore is this:

iTunes ROCKS!!!!! NUFF SAID!!!

I started the thread because of the event that apple held yesterday and with all the new products and stuff that they were releasing I think it's awesome that they added the genius thing to iTunes it's wicked cool

the new iPod Nano's look cool as hell too

my only complaint is I wish they had a 60G iPhone lol or sometthing more then 16G ugh!!

I have to agree. Then again, I joined the Mac bandwagon about three years ago.

Currently scheming to find a way to get access to the Japanese iTunes store. Cause, hey, there are some songs I would really like to add on there. Anyone know of a way to do this, and whether or not iTunes music still has that stupid you can only play it on one account thing going?

I'm pretty sure you can only use one account per international store, so your US account can't work for the JP store.

However, all iTunes music should be DRM-free now, so you might have a loophole there.

• 1 month later...

I can buy a 23" all-in-one Dell with a 750 GB hard drive for $830, or a 27" iMac with a 1 TB hard drive for $1700. Besides the stated differences, they're otherwise the same.

Now, due to heavy usage, I burn through PCs in about three years. Will a Mac last me considerably longer? And by "considerably," I mean an extra two to three years? If it will, I can justify paying an extra $870 for the machine. If not, I don't know.

Now, due to heavy usage, I burn through PCs in about three years. Will a Mac last me considerably longer? And by "considerably," I mean an extra two to three years?

Is the Mac new or refurbished? If it's new, then yes, it should last a bit longer. I'd guess 5-6 years total. If it's refurbished, though, it's anybody's guess.

Then I'd say go for the mac. Getting the PC definitely wouldn't be a bad option in the slightest, but macs are SO much better for handling video & audio that it tips the scale considerably.

EDIT:

Also, new macs have Boot Camp built in, so you have the option of partitioning the hard drive to also run Windows if you want/need to. And with a 1TB drive, you'd be all set for that.

Okay, are we talking laptop here or like, desktop? (Yes, I am not as tech savvy with the system specs, but I'm imagining that's a desktop.) If you're going for heavy audio/video use like KW said, I'd definitely say go with the Mac.

If you're going with a laptop, though, be prepared for the power supply to break down every twoish years. Besides that, I've only had two major disasters with my Mac - one was the time my hard drive died, and the other was my slowly exploding battery, but all of those were easily replacable (and/or still under warranty), and haven't had any troubles since, and I've had it since August of '07.