The Apple Inc. Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Apple, why do you keep screwing with the ipod Nano? 5th gen has a camera, 6th doesn't. 6th doesn't do video, 7th does but doesn't have a camera. And why would the voice over be on by default? I was five minutes from taking it back to the store before I figured out how to turn it off, which should be an option in the settings, but is in iTunes for some reason. This is why I hate Apple.

A few weeks ago, Apple told me to fix my iPhone podcast app, I'd have to reset my phone to factory defaults but reboot it with a backup. Well, because iTunes is the glitchiest program ever, the backup failed and I lost everything.

I wanted to burn Apple to the ground.

I have a brand new laptop. I just found out my dvd player wasn't working. Guess what the problem was? iTunes of course. When Google has the answer it means it has happened to enough people for it to be a real problem. Now I get an error message every time I open iTunes telling me to reinstall so the offending driver will reinstall and break it again. Oh Apple......

The dvd problem is an issue with Windows 8. I never had a problem with any other version. iTunes, however has always been shitty on every version. it writes drivers that conflict with lots of hardware and software. I had an iTunes problem about a month ago that caused my iPod Touch to not show up in iTunes. Since you need iTunes to do anything, it was kind of a problem.

I only ever used iTunes on Windows XP (I kept XP until 2008 when I got my mac). It seemed laggy as all get-out, but stable there. I think part of the problem is that iTunes is written from the ground up for OSX, so when they translate it to Windows they have to do all kinds of crazy nonsense to it.

You should have the option of never using it. The nano, and I assume the shuffle though are really gimped and can't do anything without iTunes. I always used my touch with iTunes because it killed the battery to use wifi. I would have a full battery, then as soon as I turn on wifi it would go to 10% and it was a race to finish the download before it turned off.

A few weeks ago, Apple told me to fix my iPhone podcast app, I'd have to reset my phone to factory defaults but reboot it with a backup. Well, because iTunes is the glitchiest program ever, the backup failed and I lost everything.

I wanted to burn Apple to the ground.

My podcast app doesn't work either. I took it back to factory settings and then the backup didn't recall any of my audio, just the apps. The podcast app still doesn't work.

Had a look around and added Instacast 4 instead. Looks like an improvement and it actually works, although it does rather disrupt my archiving since I still use the original podcast app when I use my iPod classic or nano. Going to wind up with a lot of double copies of stuff.

Since everyone is here already...

I can only download podcasts thru iTunes one at a time. I do not subscribe, but rather update manually. When I try and do more than one at a time, it will either not download, or cause an error in the file. This error makes the podcast stop randomly when listening to it on my iPod Touch. It is altogether rather odd.

So, fell because of construction today, and my phone screen is pretty much completely spiderweb cracked. Decided to bite the bullet and upgrade, as it's cheaper than repairing the screen, even on the plan that AT&T offers.

Any suggestions for keeping it from cracking further/keeping it functional while I wait for the new one to arrive?

• 10 months later...