The Apple Inc. Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

I wasn't that impressed by this week's announcements, really. Including an accelerometer in the new Nanos is cute, I guess, although it doesn't make as much sense there as it does in the iPhone and iPod Touch. Also, what's up with decreasing the capacity in the top-of-the-line Classics? Aren't you supposed to progress in the opposite direction?

Much more interested in the rumored MacBook announcements next month. If they include this bad boy in the lineup, I'm first in line to buy one...

rbh9h0.jpg

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
I wasn't that impressed by this week's announcements, really. Including an accelerometer in the new Nanos is cute, I guess, although it doesn't make as much sense there as it does in the iPhone and iPod Touch. Also, what's up with decreasing the capacity in the top-of-the-line Classics? Aren't you supposed to progress in the opposite direction?

Much more interested in the rumored MacBook announcements next month. If they include this bad boy in the lineup, I'm first in line to buy one...

rbh9h0.jpg

holy hell and I only wanted the macbook pro where'd u find that pic that looks cool as hell I just like the new nano's because they're cooler looking and while I agree the accelerometer is stupid in the smaller iPods it's cool as hell in the iPhone.

What do u mean decreasing the iPod classic? he increased it the 2 models now I believe are 120 and 160G aren't they???

Guest DCAUFan1051

wow that sucks about decreasing the storage on the classic iPod. I thought when steve jobs announced it that he meant the 80G was becoming the 120G and they'd still have the 160G ugh!!!! damn you apple lol j/k

The MacBook Touch mock-up is just based off of speculation at this point. Apple's filed a lot of patents regarding a tablet PC, but they keep everything so close to the vest that it's sometimes tough to separate fact from fiction. Here's the full-sized version.

That said, don't buy a MacBook right now. The line's in need of a refresh, and Apple has advised its resellers to stock up on back inventory now, cause there ain't many more of the current models coming down the production line.

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks for the info even though I said I WANTED one aint sayin I can get one right now lol funding for that is severely lacking

but next payday I plan on getting one of the new nanos

Guest DCAUFan1051

ATTENTION: 9/12/08

BREAKING NEWS iPhone 2.1 Software now includes Genius Playlists HELLL YEAH!!!

when I saw the apple event the other day I was like what the hell steve jobs why didn't you mention genius playlists being on iPhone??? He mentioned them being on iPod Touch and iPod Nano's and everything but then I got the software update this morning a helll yeah they're on iPhone as well.

Genius Playlists in iTunes and on the iFamily of Products are well ummmm..... Genius LMAO :D:D

Guest DCAUFan1051

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know I know I'm an apple addict however iTunes and my goddamn iPhone are pissing me off. I had to cut delete and paste every podcast artwork I had so the ID3 tags would be rewritten and guess what:

The only podcast that I can't get to show artwork on the iPhone WORLDS FINEST PODCAST grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :grumble: the artwork is there when I play the episodes however when you first look at the podcast tab and it shows you all the podcasts u have on your iPhone the WFP artwork don't show up just a gray music label thingy I even called apple and guess what I got disconnected grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :grumble: :sick:

it is a damn consipracy I tell ya

I know this probably should be under the I need to vent thread but it was apple related :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

The one gripe I've had with iTunes is with video. I have a 1 TB drive that's almost filled with TV shows, and I like them formatted. Show, season, episode, description, track number, genre, date. I've figured out how to get artwork from the iTunes store for shows that are available, and made my own for things that aren't. And once I get a video clip formated for my iPod, I can do it all in iTunes...except for one little thing. If you select the video type in "Get Info" (Movie, TV Show, or Music Video) - it's only good as long as that video is in iTunes. Like I said, I have about 800 GB of video, and a 250 GB iMac, so I can't keep my whole collection in iTunes. When I reload the formatted clip, iTunes remembers all of the formatting except the video type, so I have to go into movies and switch each one to TV show. I finally gave up and found a program for the Mac called Parsley is Atomically Delicious that tags video for iTunes. I still have to do it twice, because there's some fields that Parsley won't do, but it will continue to register as a TV show - which makes it a lot easier to find the episode I want to watch than if I've got several hundred ripped videos on my iPod.

Chris

Guest DCAUFan1051

I figured I'd post this here since it's apple compatible. I just got the BOSE SoundDock Portable although I don't have an iPod to go with it I'm getting one this week. Here's the SoundDock though. Can't wait to test it with the NEW iPod Classic.

a9c7befc.jpg

289df122.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051
Last night my stepfather saw the 24" iMac, and went crazy for it! Oddly enough, he's not into computers at all. He only uses a PC to play Freecell. Despite the price and his frugal ways, he wants the iMac bad! :laugh:

I'm sooooo sick of my PC I sooooooo want an iMac but the lack of funds is why I'm not getting one. I might splurge on a MacBook Pro if I get $ for xmas LOL

I so want the iPod Nano and I know I'm gonna order an engraved iPod Classic this Wednesday to go with my Bose SoundDock. :D

Last night my stepfather saw the 24" iMac, and went crazy for it! Oddly enough, he's not into computers at all. He only uses a PC to play Freecell. Despite the price and his frugal ways, he wants the iMac bad! :laugh:

I'm sooooo sick of my PC I sooooooo want an iMac but the lack of funds is why I'm not getting one. I might splurge on a MacBook Pro if I get $ for xmas LOL

I so want the iPod Nano and I know I'm gonna order an engraved iPod Classic this Wednesday to go with my Bose SoundDock. :D

I think this is better posted here:

My iPod crapped out, And Im to blame! Now I need to drive up to carmel mountain, to return the pod. Then I will be podles for who know how long, as they fix it!

• 2 weeks later...
Apple announced Tuesday a new line of MacBook laptops in the hopes of juicing sales at a time when investors are increasingly nervous about a consumer spending slowdown.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs, speaking at the company's headquarters in Cupertino, Calif., unveiled two new MacBooks - a 15-inch model for $1,599 and a 13.3-inch model for $1,299.

As expected, Jobs also cut the price of its entry-level MacBook to $999 from $1,099, a partial concession to industry analysts who have been pointing to the success of lower-priced laptops in a more challenging economy.

Apple also announced a new MacBook Pro with a faster chip and a thin aluminum "unibody" shell, which is intended to make the notebook sturdier.

The MacBook Pro will cost $1,999 for a 15.4 inch model and $2,499 for one with more memory and a bigger hard drive. The price range remains the same as the previous MacBook Pros.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/14/technology...sion=2008101415

Still too expensive for most people who won't get one because they can't afford one.

in retrospect jack the regular MacBooks have gone down to $999 from $1099 hell it's all still expensive but still I so want 1 lol

I understand that, but that's the problem. Apple is only catering to Apple fans who are already going to buy it. Why would anyone else make the switch when they can get something equivalent much cheaper without paying for the Apple brand?

Guest DCAUFan1051
in retrospect jack the regular MacBooks have gone down to $999 from $1099 hell it's all still expensive but still I so want 1 lol

I understand that, but that's the problem. Apple is only catering to Apple fans who are already going to buy it. Why would anyone else make the switch when they can get something equivalent much cheaper without paying for the Apple brand?

I can understand that and I do have my reservations about it (other then cost) I'm very acustomed to my keyboard on my PC and the controls of Windows XP Pro but still I'll eventually make a trip to the Apple Store and test one then see if I wanna get one. I want it for mostly the movies and TV shows and photos I'd still have my PC for everything else. Because my PC doesn't play iTunes very well on video I have no clue why. :fight:

I can't view the goddamn keynote though apple's website pulls it up then it goes to a page cannot be found thing...... I've refreshed I've cleared the cahe I've cleared the temp files cookies history everything short of restarting my damn PC and I still can't get to the point of actually seeing the video on apple's website. I can view the macbook video where they're talking about the technology an innovations but I can't see the fucking keynote address damnit!!

EDIT:

I've got the keynote thru the net on the iPhone lol damn u apple.com

Guest DCAUFan1051

motherfucker the goddamn video on iPhone froze and I can't watch the keynote there.

And the fucking apple website freezes when I try viewing the keynote address I go to the page with the link to the video rthen without me doing anything the page goes to page cannot be found.

FUCK

FUCK FUCK

FUCK!!!!!

maybe I should just wait until the keynotes podcast updates goddamnit.

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

the iPhone 2.2 Software update now allows you access to the millions of Podcasts from iTunes you can get them thru the iTunes wifi store wooohooooo I'm updating my iPhone now.

I wonder if it will allow you to download the newest episodes as they are available?

I'll find out here in about 10 mins

Guest DCAUFan1051
DCAU, lets pretend what you just wrote made absoulutely no sense to me.....

It means suave that any iPhone and iPod Touch owners can directly download podcasts without getting them from iTunes on a computer

And it is any available episode including new ones of whatever podcast you want.