The Apple Inc. Thread

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas poor 80GB Classic. I knew thee well.

:shakehead:

I feel your pain, Des. A cabbie has more than likely stolen mine. And all the police can say is "put an advert in the paper, in case there's some stuff on there that you really want back". In a misguided attempt at sympathy, the British Constabulary have branded me a pervert.

• 3 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I know it's been awhile since I posted in here but since it's Apple related and ALL NEW here's the guided tour of: The NEW iPod Shuffle

now me personally I love my iPhone and iPod Nano, but this is freakin cool.... I wish Apple would incorporate some of the features into the other products.

I know it's been awhile since I posted in here but since it's Apple related and ALL NEW here's the guided tour of: The NEW iPod Shuffle

now me personally I love my iPhone and iPod Nano, but this is freakin cool.... I wish Apple would incorporate some of the features into the other products.

Mike, I do believe that the headphones will become standard issue, Any way what do you think about the size? I thin its amazing how its been shrinking since the launch of that line.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mike, I do believe that the headphones will become standard issue, Any way what do you think about the size? I thin its amazing how its been shrinking since the launch of that line.

thin is an understatement that thing is thinner then April was in TMNT (2007)

but I guess the whole point to the shuffle is on the go random music, for those people that are well on the go. Whether that be jogging, bike riding, skateboarding..... oh wait no way you could be listening to an iPod and skateboard successfully :D

As I said I love my iPhone and iPod Nano I've never really cared for the shuffle line.... but that's me..... I want those headphones for iPhone damnit!! when I first saw Steve introducing them I called the apple store and asked if they were available for iPhone and they aren't grrrr :grumble: :fight:

in retrospect jack the regular MacBooks have gone down to $999 from $1099 hell it's all still expensive but still I so want 1 lol

I understand that, but that's the problem. Apple is only catering to Apple fans who are already going to buy it. Why would anyone else make the switch when they can get something equivalent much cheaper without paying for the Apple brand?

I can understand that and I do have my reservations about it (other then cost) I'm very acustomed to my keyboard on my PC and the controls of Windows XP Pro but still I'll eventually make a trip to the Apple Store and test one then see if I wanna get one. I want it for mostly the movies and TV shows and photos I'd still have my PC for everything else. Because my PC doesn't play iTunes very well on video I have no clue why. :fight:

Jack: I want a mac, Im an apple junkie. But money is tight, So where is the mac for me?

Mike: You're PC keyboard will work with Mac.

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks doug...... my main complaint against apple is the controls are all backwards in their software compared to windows... don't get me wrong I love apples products but the fact is unless some alkie dies and leaves me in their will I'll never get a mac at this point.

thanks doug...... my main complaint against apple is the controls are all backwards in their software compared to windows... don't get me wrong I love apples products but the fact is unless some alkie dies and leaves me in their will I'll never get a mac at this point.

I dont understand. Many times I have used my wireless mouse on macs and the right click worked fine. And the apple logo on the keyboard is the stand in for the Alt on windows.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I dont understand. Many times I have used my wireless mouse on macs and the right click worked fine. And the apple logo on the keyboard is the stand in for the Alt on windows.

no I'm talking about the softwre controls like instead of pressing F10 to get to the menu bar in microsoft word it's something totally different on macs.... at least it was 10 years ago which was the last time I used a mac.

Compared to operating Windows, a Mac's pretty damn intuitive. If you've used Windows all your life, then yeah, it takes some adjusting, but otherwise, I think Mac is the better OS.

I mean, compare my family's old Dell with Mac; it was a piece of shit, barely let us know when updates were going through and became virus ridden because of it, and was a pain in the ass. Here, my updates are streamed, it's generally easy to use, and works wonderfully.

I don't know about PCs, but I'll take a Mac laptop over a Windows laptop any day

Guest DCAUFan1051
Compared to operating Windows, a Mac's pretty damn intuitive. If you've used Windows all your life, then yeah, it takes some adjusting, but otherwise, I think Mac is the better OS.

I mean, compare my family's old Dell with Mac; it was a piece of shit, barely let us know when updates were going through and became virus ridden because of it, and was a pain in the ass. Here, my updates are streamed, it's generally easy to use, and works wonderfully.

I don't know about PCs, but I'll take a Mac laptop over a Windows laptop any day

believe me I'm tired of having PC issues..... and I don't even have a damn Dell..... LOL I'm sure I could get used to the user interface on macs but the fact remains that other then that it's a $ issue.

I used to have Apple computers when I was a kid so I know the general knowhow, but the other factor for me is the mac version of audacity doesn't allow you to do stereo mixes I've heard. The last thing I wanna do is buy something then can't use (like my Bose PC Surround Sound Speakers)

Guest DCAUFan1051

FUCK you apple!!!! I just finished watching the event from today and they're adding my favorite feature that I wanted for iPhone 3.0 which was MMS capabilities... but guess what it isn't for the Original iPhone arrrrghhh!! I soo need to sell this thing so I can get the 3G.

iPhone OS 3.0 coming this summer.

Guest DCAUFan1051
The last 4 months without a proper iPod has been worth it - I loves me my 120GB Classic.

rock on sir!

as much as I love Apple Products the event yesterday as I've already stated really pissed me off when they said that the MMS wasn't gonna be available for 2G Owners goddamnit. But everything else they showed looked cool.

The last 4 months without a proper iPod has been worth it - I loves me my 120GB Classic.

rock on sir!

as much as I love Apple Products the event yesterday as I've already stated really pissed me off when they said that the MMS wasn't gonna be available for 2G Owners goddamnit. But everything else they showed looked cool.

Well the original Iphone just could support it now or then.

Guest DCAUFan1051

no doug the guy that was hosting it at the end says that mms support will not be on the 2G or the original iPhone... which means before the update comes out I have to get a 3G... I really wanted the MMS support ugh!

Guest DCAUFan1051

So I went to the Apple Store yesterday to figure out WTF was wrong with my iPhone. It wouldn't sync with iTunes and it kept freezing up iTunes. While there I had to resist the urge to just get everything. Damn that store rocked! I saw the new Shuffle and wow is the fucker small. If I held out my hand and someone set a new shuffle in the center of it the damn thing wouldn't even reach my fingers. So I aint even going there it's wayyyy tooo small for me.

All in all I definitely have to go back there. They had some really cool stuff.

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

a bump I know, but a well deserved one. I just got back from getting the iPhone 3G!! yay now I don't haveta worry about not getting all the features in the 3.0 update in june. Also WWDC is in June as well. Where they might unveil a new iPhone. Yeah I should have waited but I could always sell this 1 and get the new 1 lol. For now I'm loving it, but one issuce there's no dock. There's the USB Dock Cable and plug but not the dock itself grrrr. At least I sold my 2G to get the $ for this. More thoughts later :D