Deadpool

JackFetch

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple solution: Weapon XI was a clone of Deadpool and he does survive, but he's very upset and starts going after the original Wade Wilson, using the codename T-Ray. And T-Ray's powers have been so ill defined, that who gives a shit if he has eyebeams?

That can work. And anyway, they already said that the Deadpool film will be a reboot.

I'm starting to think that the Fox Marvelverse has a really floaty (crappy) continuity.

I'm starting to think that the Fox Marvelverse has a really floaty (crappy) continuity.

They have already shown that things can be that way, One example: Sabertooth, from how he is in Wolverine Origins, to how he is in X-men, its not correct continuity. i don't care a whole lot, but I do wish things would make a little more sense, because even non-geeks can start to question things from watching all these movies.

They have already shown that things can be that way, One example: Sabertooth, from how he is in Wolverine Origins, to how he is in X-men, its not correct continuity. i don't care a whole lot, but I do wish things would make a little more sense, because even non-geeks can start to question things from watching all these movies.

Yup.

Wolverine has loose (if any) continuity with X1's Sabretooth and X2's Weapon X flashbacks.

Deadpool is supposed to be a reboot of the character.

The upcoming X-Men: First Class film is supposed to take off of the end of Wolverine, and possibly ignore X-Men 1 and 2.

Eeeesh.

• 1 month later...
20th Century Fox is making progress with its "X-Men" spinoff, "Deadpool," and has tapped "Zombieland" scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to pen the screenplay.

Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as the wisecracking mercenary he portrayed in last year's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

There is no timetable on the Marvel property, though Reynolds has a window after wrapping the "Green Lantern" this summer.

Reynolds has been bulking up to play the DC Comics' hero "Green Lantern," which starts lensing next month. This means he would already be in superhero shape if the script for "Deadpool" is ready by summer.

Reese and Wernick, who wrote "Zombieland," will stay true to the mythology of "Deadpool" given that Reynolds is a huge fan and protector of the property.

The tone of "Deadpool," which features an antihero as opposed to the more traditional heroic comicbook protagonist, is very similar in tone to "Zombieland."

Lauren Shuler Donner is producing "Deadpool."

Reese and Wernick, high school friends who began collaborating in 2001, most recently sold the pitch "Earth vs. Moon" to Universal Pictures. The pair penned a draft of "Venom" for Sony/Marvel.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118013359.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

• 5 months later...
While a lot of filmmakers usually get offered a project before production even begins, every now and then we hear about an offer that's worth noting just because it's so darn intriguing.

Case in point: An item in the latest issue of Production Weekly that reportedly indicates that "Sin City" director Robert Rodriguez has been offered the upcoming "Deadpool" movie starring Ryan Reynolds. Now, I write "reportedly" because I'm not able to actually read the story in the issue, but The Playlist has tipped readers off to the report — which they claim to have verified with a source close to the film.

Of course, it's worth noting again that nothing is official, but it certainly provides some food for thought, doesn't it?

According to the site, Rodriguez is indeed "considering" the gig, after turning down 20th Century Fox's previous offer of a "Planet Of The Apes" prequel that's being shopped around to various directors.

It's been quite a while since we've heard anything from the "Deadpool" camp, with the most recent update coming from writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick ("Zombieland"), who described their creative collaboration with Reynolds. (Reynolds described the "Deadpool" writing dynamic from his side in an earlier interview with MTV News.)

"Deadpool" is currently scheduled for a 2011 debut in theaters, with Reynolds reprising his role as the mouthy mercenary he played in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

Source

• 1 month later...
The rumors have been bubbling under for the past few weeks about whether director Robert Rodriguez (Sin City) might be called upon to direct Deadpool, the planned spin-off from last year's X-Men Origins: Wolverine with Ryan Reynolds reprising the role of the "Merc with a Mouth" he played in that movie. Last week at Comic-Con, Rodriguez was asked by MTV about the project and he confirmed he had received the script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Zombieland) but wasn't sure if he would direct or not. Just one week later and The L.A. Times is reporting that Rodriguez is now in active negotiations to direct the movie and that it would likely happen after he finishes Spy Kids 4: Armageddon, which he's currently shooting for release next year. Rodriguez does have a lot on his plate right now with Predators still in theaters and Machete coming out later this summer, and he has a few other original ideas he's been developing. One presumes that one way to stay in the public eye and maintain his relationship with 20th Century Fox would be to take on a high-profile superhero movie like Deadpool, which combines humor and violence, two things Rodriguez has made his specialty. The question is whether he could make the movie PG-13 or 20th Century Fox might allow Rodriguez to do what he does best when not having to soften things up for a younger audience. (Of course, having made four PG movies and working on a fifth, it's not like Rodriguez would have problem making a movie that falls somewhere in between.)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/104985-robert-rodriguez-in-talks-for-deadpool

I'm calling it now. This movie will not happen. If by some miracle it does, RR will not be in it.

• 1 month later...

I hate to say I told you so, but.....

Increasingly in the spotlight, actor Ryan Reynolds revealed today to i09 that his busy schedule may prevent him from appearing in both Deadpool and R.I.P.D.

"...because it has an actor, and because these films have interested directors, it's obviously likely that they'll both get made," said Reynolds, "But I think it would be more likely that only one of them gets made with me."

Reynolds is slated to next shoot a film called The Change-Up, a body-swapping comedy where he plays opposite Jason Bateman. After that, he's committed to Safe House, playing a CIA Agent charged with protecting a criminal witness (Denzel Washington) after their safe house is attacked. It would likely be after production on both projects that Reynolds would tackle either of the two comic book adaptations.

Though he appeared hesitant to comment at this stage, it is likely that the already-proposed Green Lantern sequel will make Reynold's schedule even more complicated in the near future.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/107526-ryan-reynolds-may-choose-between-deadpool-and-ripd

• 1 month later...
Even as some fans are questioning whether or not Ryan Reynolds will wind up in "Deadpool" -- indeed, the actor himself is wondering the same thing -- there are other roles in the comic book adaptation remaining to be filled.

The director's chair is one of the most coveted positions, with "Sin City" filmmaker Robert Rodriguez once considered the front runner for the job. But based on a new report from The Los Angeles Times, it appears that Rodriguez has pulled his name out of the running -- instead, the Merc with a Mouth could be getting a leg up from a very commercial director.

A literal commercial director, it turns out, as little-known Swedish filmmaker Adam Berg is currently considered a leading candidate to direct "Deadpool."

Berg is a mostly unknown quantity in the United States, with his most prominent project being the short commercial film "Carousel" made for Philips Electronics. The two-minute "Carousel" takes place entirely within one take as the camera explores a frozen bank robbery scene. By the end of the camera's journey, the bank heist's true outcome is revealed, providing viewers with an extremely clever and well-crafted twist.

The filmmaker is said to be a favorite among "those making 'Deadpool'" as well as Reynolds himself, giving Berg the edge in the race towards the movie's director's chair. His involvement is far from official, of course -- as is Reynolds' own involvement -- so keep it locked into Splash Page as more news develops on the "Deadpool" front.

Source

24 Frames reports that 20th Century Fox is in talks with Swedish commercial and video director Adam Berg to direct Deadpool. Berg's never directed a feature film before, but his short "Carousel" (watch below) won the prestigious Cannes Lions International Advertising prize.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109555-new-director-for-deadpool

• 5 months later...
Tim Miller, who has done strong visual effects work on X-Men and other VFX-heavy films, was just set by 20th Century Fox to make his feature directing debut on X-Men Origins: Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff film expected to star Ryan Reynolds. Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are writing the script and Lauren Shuler Donner is producing. WME just signed him.

Source

• 5 months later...