Bruce Wayne, a Republican?

Skyle

With the buzz of the upcoming election, a tie in with Batman.

In July, the Wall Sreet Journal posted an article comparing TDK to Bush...Old news.

I don't agree with the article. But when I ask myself "Is Bruce Wayne a Democrat or a Republican?", I don't have an answer.

I want to know what you guys think, and please be specific when explaining why.

Bruce is a CEO.

He is hard on crime, just shy of the death penalty.

He has infringed on civil liberties in times of crisis.

He wears rubber costumes at night.

Totally a Republican

I am 100% against crime.

I can throw baratangs, sometimes two at a time.

I also sometimes wear tights at night.

Am I a Republican?

this has to be the funniest thread on the forums omg I nearly saw diet coke fly outta my nose :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:D

Great! But I am looking for serious answers as well.

What do you think Bruce's stance would be with gay marriage, abortion, and healthcare?

It's an interesting way to see how differently fans see him by bringing up opposing views.

this has to be the funniest thread on the forums omg I nearly saw diet coke fly outta my nose :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:D

Great! But I am looking for serious answers as well.

What do you think Bruce's stance would be with gay marriage, abortion, and healthcare?

It's an interesting way to see how differently fans see him by bringing up opposing views.

Gay marriage?

I think he sits on the "Great! More bitches for me!" side of the argument.

Healthcare?

He has his own private medical team so I'm not sure he even grasps what health care means...I kid. That's a tough one.

Abortion?

It depends on how you view his stance on murder. Does he think it's murder? In Son of the Demon, he didn't seem to happy when it appeared he wasn't going to be a father anymore but that was "accidental." Of course, we all know the child was actually born but still.

If I was writing him, that's the way I see him.

Guest DCAUFan1051

well I'm a registered Democrat

HOWEVER: I truly hate politics. I believe EVERYONE that is a politican is corrupt no matter who they are. They are corrupt in one way or another. :no::no:

I just saw this thread and had to say it made me laugh I know your looking for serious responses but they've been funny so far especially the wearing tights comment lol

Generally speaking, I think Batman is right-wing to an extent that borders on fascism.

The (admittedly glib) answer I have is that he focuses all his attentions on crime and criminals to a degree that excludes his thinking on anything else. I don't think his views on abortion go much further than "I'm never going to have to have one, so whatever."

He raises money and gives generously of his own fortune to worthy causes, but I've never seen him get on the Mayor's back about allocating more tax dollars for public assistance or healthcare.

He's always been more about punishment than rehabilitation.

I honestly don't see him giving any thought at all to things like gay marriage.

It varies with who's writing him, to be sure, but on the whole, absolutely, Bruce Wayne is Republican.

Thanks, Boston Dan ;)

I seem to recall several occasions in BTAS where Bruce wanted to desperately help someone. He believed in Harvey's rehabilitation, Clayface ("Hagen! I can help you!"), and if he were more into punishment, he would have killed Joker a long time ago instead of putting him in Arkham. I think he essentially wants to see everyone "better," and not locked up. I see the guard from "Locked Up" being the republican and Bruce being more liberal in that regard.

Oops, and Harley's Holiday too.

Thanks, Boston Dan ;)

I seem to recall several occasions in BTAS where Bruce wanted to desperately help someone. He believed in Harvey's rehabilitation, Clayface ("Hagen! I can help you!"), and if he were more into punishment, he would have killed Joker a long time ago instead of putting him in Arkham. I think he essentially wants to see everyone "better," and not locked up. I see the guard from "Locked Up" being the republican and Bruce being more liberal in that regard.

Oops, and Harley's Holiday too.

Excellent points. As I said, it really depends on the writer, and this particular point most of all. Yes, he wanted to help Clayface, as he felt enormous sympathy for his condition. However, putting the Joker in Arkham is not about rehabbing him - no one knows better than Batman that simple can't be done - as about the fact that killing the Joker would instantly make Batman into what he's fighting. Or some such.

The BTAS Batman is a much less hard-line character than the comics Batman, anyway. (For the better, IMO.)

The BTAS Batman is a much less hard-line character than the comics Batman, anyway. (For the better, IMO.)

I agree. But he did offer to help Killer Croc in Hush. And I think Bruce will never completely give up on Harvey Dent -- nor will he ever trust him. That kind of conflicted personality makes me think he's neither Democrat or Republican, which is interesting because Batman is widely know to be black and white.

Perhaps he's a staunch Libertarian.

Maybe :smile:

But Bruce may be too much of a tight-ass for Libertarianism. Case in point: Libertarian Platform - Abolition of laws against "victimless crimes" (such as prostitution, driving without a seatbelt, use of controlled substances, fraternization, etc.). AND--Support for the unrestricted right to the means of self-defense (such as gun rights, the right to carry mace or pepper spray, etc).

I don't think Batman gives a crap about anything but stopping criminals.

Criminals can range from small time crooks to the Joker to the President of the United States.

I think he would stop corruption in the government if he could.

So the real question is, to what party would Bruce Wayne (the real one) anonymously donate this money?

I don't think Batman gives a crap about anything but stopping criminals.

Criminals can range from small time crooks to the Joker to the President of the United States.

I think he would stop corruption in the government if he could.

So the real question is, to what party would Bruce Wayne anonymously (the real one) donate this money?

The one that Luthor wasn't a part of.