Episode 266

RSS

Wow, I'm taken aback by how much Mike HATES this movie.

Why's the such a surprise? I've always been very vocal about my disdain for this film.

It's when you say "FUCK this movie," and it's followed by a moment of silence from the other two. I knew you didn't like the movie, but I didn't know how much you didn't like it.

Side note, I never liked Vicky Vale either, but she's monumentally more tolerable than Katie Holmes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cool. When we get to Batman & Robin, I'm guaranteeing you all that I won't have any functioning vocal chords after we get done with that recording.

Preach it!

And I too was stunned by Mike going FUCK THIS MOVIE over the time issues, of all things. Granted, he did physically hurt himself at one of the film's biggest flaws, but "WHEN WOULD HE HAVE HAD THE TIME TO DO THIS SHIT?!?!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMS SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" wasn't quite what I was expecting! :happy:

It's cool. When we get to Batman & Robin, I'm guaranteeing you all that I won't have any functioning vocal chords after we get done with that recording.

That's because the worse the movie/episode, the funnier the podcast ;)

I wish you'd skip Batman Forever because while it's terrible, it attempts to take itself seriously. B&R is just bat-shit crazy. That should be a fun commentary.

No, James! Don't let other opinions sway you! Always stick to your first gut response. (I'm referring to your opinion of the movie as a whole)

I'm almost done with this podcast.

Couple of things you guys didn't talk about:

The music "Descent into Mystery" that played when Batman drove Vicky Vale to the Batcave was beautifully composed. That's probably the best song in the B89 soundtrack, save the main theme.

I also recall reading that Burton was forced to ham this movie up to please Warner Brothers. Only when it received high acclaim did WB hand over full control of the sequel to Burton. I understand some people hate Batman Returns with a passion, but I feel like his characterizations in that movie was much more true to Burton as a director than B89 ever was. B89 only brushed the surface.

Ian, B89 could NOT be below Spiderman III. Right? Because Bruce never broke into Emo-dance. Thank god.

And I too was stunned by Mike going FUCK THIS MOVIE over the time issues, of all things. Granted, he did physically hurt himself at one of the film's biggest flaws, but "WHEN WOULD HE HAVE HAD THE TIME TO DO THIS SHIT?!?!? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMS SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" wasn't quite what I was expecting! :happy:

Seriously, when did he have the time to do that shit?! GRAH!

I have to admit that while I fully recognize Batman Forever as the fartsucking pile of jackassery it is, I really kinda have a fondness for it. As such, I especially look forward to this one.

You're not alone. I know a lot of people who will admit it stinks, but like it nonetheless.

I have to admit that while I fully recognize Batman Forever as the fartsucking pile of jackassery it is, I really kinda have a fondness for it. As such, I especially look forward to this one.

You're not alone. I know a lot of people who will admit it stinks, but like it nonetheless.

Ian James Wilson, at your service!

Selina: Straight up, I *like* Batman 89 a lot more than Spidey III, but I think the latter pays slightly more attention to what it's doing than the former. Don't get me wrong, Spidey III is a flawed film and a hugely disappointing comedown after Spidey II, but Sam Raimi put his soul into trying to connect the producers demands into some semblance of a believable plot. He didn't quite suceed, but he did his best by marrying up Peter's douchebaggery to the symbiote influence, whilst Batman 89 is - as Mike said - as holey as Swiss cheese. Still, there's only half a point in it, so it's not the end of the world. I hope! :unsure:

Oh and the Emo-Dance was fucking hilarious if we're talking about the one outside the clothes store. The one with Gwen Stacey I was less crazy about.

So let me get this straight:

Jack Napier, who Batman may or may have not unintentionally made him into the Joker was the person who killed Bruce Wayne's parents as a child.

This whole mythos makes sense to me now.

I believe that's how it's always been in the comics, Kellen. But we can always ask Mike, just to be certain.....

• 2 weeks later...
You know, that's something I hadn't thought of before. We could do the first four Superman films, but we'd skip Returns because we've already covered that on Earth-2.net: The Show.

Thanks for the suggestion, TJ!

I dunno, we could relive the pain for James' benefit, not to mention the epic that is Supergirl! :devil: