Dating Horror Stories

Dan

Let's do this thing.

When I was a senior in high school, I worked in a supermarket with a girl I knew from school. We flirted quite a bit for a very long time, and eventually I wound up asking her out.

On our date, she talked nonstop about this guy she had gone down on the week before.

And then the next day she moved to California. Without saying a word.

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks for the thread dan I've edited the other one so I can post the dating stuff here

my Dating Horror Stories

hell I've been talking to someone on the phone for the better part of the year but she constantly reminds me that she doesn't want to date anyone and that she doesn't "need" a boyfriend I dunno why I waste my time

then again there was one chick that wanted to hide me in her closet that wasn't gonna fly I got outta there posthaste

then there's the one that told me the age difference wasn't a problem I was 23 she was 28. She offered to buy me bus ticket to come see her when I get there we meet have some dinner at deny's well I got pissed because the waitress was filrting with a whole table of guys and she was sitting on one of the guy's laps and everything I just wanted the check so we could get out of there it took an extra 15 minutes for the damn waitress to notice me signaling her. Anyways the chick I was with got mad at me getting mad.

Afterwards we went back to her apartment we were talking while a movie played in the background I had told her the story of how I met David Hasselhoff when I was six years old and got to sit in the original KITT after saying this she gets up goes over to her PC and starts surfing the net without saying anything at all. I ask her what's wrong she says it's the age thing and I say I thought you didn't have a problem with it she then says when I was 12 you were 6. I was like ok and?

Long story short the next day which was a sunday she took me back to the bus station bought me a ticket back to my city and then had the balls to offer me money like I was some goddamn charity case.

In hindsight I should have taken the fuckin money but my pride kicked in.

I have a ton of bad "dating" stories

Well, here's one we've all had:

I get set up with this girl and I don't actually meet her, we start texting each other, listen to how each other feels about shit, and after about two-three weeks of this, I start to really like her, and this best part in my mind is, this is great, it's not going to be about looks, it's going to be about feelings.

After about a month I meet her and it's a train wreck, but I salvage it and set up a second date, she decides to bring her friend and her boyfriend along, another train wreck.

I might as well give a bit of background info-When we first meet up I ask her if she'd like to go for a walk, and she says ok, I being Naive and an idiot, ask if i can kiss her, she says no and she wants to get to know me better first.

I after a while see this as a better option.

Back to the second date, we see a film then she fucks off with her friends. that's it.

Then to get to know her better I buy the first season of CSI a show that she loves so I have something to talk to her about. I watch the show and text her saying how much I enjoyed it, and shit, cause I did.

About two texts later she tells me she just wants to be friends, I ask why she tells me it's because I didn't try anything, I then tell her through text how was I meant to do anything.

I get tired of texting her and decide to call her so she can tell me without having to type, she doesnt answer her phone. She texts me moments later.

It's here I realise that theirs nothing I can or now want to do.

So what I do is I text her and say "That's fine, any advice for the future" hey, I'm never going to see her again, might as well get some info.

She says something about always treating a person like they are the only one in the world.

I then decide to do what I do best, I wrote her a reply saying thanks for that and for her to take care in whatever she does and it's best we don't keep in contact.

So basically in a nicely worded way I said I never wanted to see her again as she screwed me around. I don't usually act like a dick, but dammit the situation deserved it.

Let's do this thing.

When I was a senior in high school, I worked in a supermarket with a girl I knew from school. We flirted quite a bit for a very long time, and eventually I wound up asking her out.

On our date, she talked nonstop about this guy she had gone down on the week before.

So, you met my ex?

Let's do this thing.

So, you met my ex?

What? You mean, the whole time, you were...

Even though you would have been about 12 at the time...

[Khan]

REEEEEEDDIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/Khan]

I have the absolute worst luck in the world with women.

My big rejection story is basically what started my emo gimmick at the Oratory.

Three girlfriends, each one for 1-4 years. Each one cheated.

Already had two dates through the online dating thing and both were disasters.

Unlike all of you, I'm not pathetic. I recently broke up with my girlfriend of two years, and shortly after (and am still currently) seeing her much hotter ex-roommate.

Worst part is, I'm not even good looking. :P

I thought this was a dating horror stories thread.

I got distracted reading that by imagining you saying it as The Question.

Okay, okay...

Bear in mind, this is after things had not been going so well for a while.

Her: Hey!

Me: Hey. Happy Birthday.

Her: How was your day?

Me: Not bad. Normal day. How was yours?

Her: Do you want to break up with me?

Me: ... what?

Her: You seem really distant lately.

Me: Are we seriously doing this now?

Her: I just want to have some idea of what's going on.

Me: What's going on is it's your birthday.

Her: I mean besides that.

Me: There's nothing besides that.

Her: If you don't want to date me, just say so.

Me: I have cake.

Her: Are you seeing someone?

Me: What? No!

Her: Tell me what you want!

Me: I want cake.

That went on for about two hours, after which, yeah, I left.

I never did get any cake.

Oh, sure. She wanted to be dumped on her birthday. She wanted to be able to tell people I dumped her on her birthday. I knew full well that was what she was doing.

And after a while I realized that after we were broken up, I wouldn't care what she or her friends thought of me after the fact. Which is why I let her have what she was after.