Episode 269

RSS

Guest DCAUFan1051

THANKS MIKE & JENNY for the mention

Your very welcome about the DVD glad it made you guys happy :D

and Teen Wolf was a classic lol I loved it it was 80's just like everything else that came from the 80's!!!!

great episode

Oh, my God, this opening song. It goes on forever and ever. And ever.

And EVER.

Which is why the opening credits were always so long in the 80s. They needed to credits to be long enough to use the whole song, which would hopefully become a hit single.

This one didn't.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Oh, my God, this opening song. It goes on forever and ever. And ever.

And EVER.

Which is why the opening credits were always so long in the 80s. They needed to credits to be long enough to use the whole song, which would hopefully become a hit single.

This one didn't.

obviously not lol

I fucking love Teen Wolf. AWWWWWOOOOOOOO!!!

If one were to send stuff. At what address would we send it?

Edit:

I'm only half way through the episode so I don't know if you mentioned it but there are more scenes cut from the US version that the UK gets to see. These scenes are not on the US dvd either.

*The Party had half naked chicks making out and drugs and booze.

*The music was completely different and it didn't have "Win In The End" or the "Shooting for the Moon"

*The part when Scott was going to buy Beer, the clerk started to say more mean stuff and threaten to call the police.

*The part when Scott is being chased by dogs to his house.

*The part when Scott and his dad talked after the Spring dance.

*The part when Pamela tells Nick all about the sex with The Wolf.

*The Dressing Room sequence had more scenes of Pamela and Scott having sex on a bed, and Scott's heartbeat was going faster and faster, while having sex he has visions of Pamela's face and hears Boof's and Pamela's voices, there was no point to that part, it's good they cut they sequence short for a PG rating.

Second Edit:

Pamela doesn't have a thing for Scott because he's werewolf. She's the hot girl stuck at a loser school where nobody is cool enough for her, so she dates the hot jock from another school. All the sudden there is a really cool guy that is awesome at basketball right there in front of her, so she goes after him. All she cares about is being seen with the most popular person at school.

I agree that Boof was written bad. We don't know anything about her.

I just have one thing to say....Mike.....

Everything that happens in the 80's is awesome and can be let off with murder!

Sorry, it had to be said, it's the 80's curse, I have to love anything that was made in the 80's no matter how bad.

Such as a Martin Short movie were he had a man shrunk and in a ship inside of him, which sounded like and was a horrible movie.

I thought that until I found out it was an 80's movie, then I threw all logic happily out the window!

I guess that's my bad point, loving 80's movies.

And so many more.......

Guest DCAUFan1051

Sorry, it had to be said, it's the 80's curse, I have to love anything that was made in the 80's no matter how bad.

Such as a Martin Short movie were he had a man shrunk and in a ship inside of him, which sounded like and was a horrible movie.

I thought that until I found out it was an 80's movie, then I threw all logic happily out the window!

And so many more.......

SUAVE that movie your referring to was:

INNERSPACE STARRING DENNIS QUAID MEG RYAN AND MARTIN SHORT

I LOVED that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so need to get that on DVD lol

And so many more.......

SUAVE that movie your referring to was:

INNERSPACE STARRING DENNIS QUAID MEG RYAN AND MARTIN SHORT

I LOVED that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so need to get that on DVD lol

:laugh: I actually smiled when I read that.

Yeah I thought it was a bit shit, till I found out the 80's thing and of course, the ending with the car and someone needing help and the cheesy last line that could set up a sequel.

Ah the 80's.....

I don't know about everyone else, but I think my vision is sharp enough that I don't need my eyeballs raped every three posts by giant text.

Cool it with the huge font, guys.

But I was trying to prove a point that the rule is, you have to give the 80's a lot of leeway when it comes to plot and acting, as long as the songs on the soundtrack are good.

Ah Tango and Cash.

I fail to see how that necessitates the need for billboard size letters.

The rest of us are able to get our point across without huge font, you guys can surely do the same.

Right, you seem to have taken what I said literally, instead of seeing it from the humour from it.

I'm not going to speak for DCAU, because I can't he can speak for himself, however I can speak for myself.

I did the giant text thing for humour, once. I did it because their is a worldwide joking belief, or their is in my view, that movies from the 80's don't have to have a plot, good dialogue, acting or directing to succeed, all they'd need to succeed is a good soundtrack. This is the thing movies from the 80's are most famous for at least in my opinion, if I'm wrong, so what, It's my opinion and you can have a different belief.

What annoys me about what you and James are saying is about myslef, and not speaking for DCAU, I made one post with the large font, I have made over 500 posts in this forum, and over 400 of them were not using stupid shitty fonts. I use a long font and obne other person did the same thing as me, because of the humour in it.

If you don't think it's funny, that's fine, but don't make out that all my posts are done with this stupid shit in mind, two posts were made in this style and no more. Also if you actually read what I wrote after I made my text bold for that one sentence:

I was apologising about doing it for humours sake, do I regret posting it, no, I don't.

The rest of us are able to get our point across without huge font, you guys can surely do the same.

So I made one post with a large point to get one insignificant thing across and that's wrong?

That's BS D.W.

I only made that one post as I felt it had to be said, even for comedy purposes, when I come back to this thread and post my thoughts on the episode and Jenny and Mikes thoughts on Teen Wolf, I won't be writing in bold text and screaming "How could you not like the surfboard bit!" I will just say my opinion in the normal text size.

Sorry if I seem a bit pissed off writing this, but that sort of annoyed me you sounded like you were talking down to me. I'm not trying to stir any shit here, I'm just trying to get my point across as fully as possible.

Again, I'm speaking for myself, Suavestar the earth-2,net forum poster, and Austen the person.

On topic for this thread, I didn't know Jeph Loeb did this movie, and when you said during the show Mike about Commando, please say you meant the movie.

I'm sorry if I come off as short with you, but that's an overreaction if I've ever seen one, and I fail to see how what you were discussing is at all relevant to using big text. You could have been talking about global warming for all I care. It's irrelevant.

DCAU does it a lot more than you, and it's grating no matter who does it. I don't care if it was Mike or Des doing it, I would have said the same thing. I'm not trying to single you out or pick on you, and I'm sorry if you think that's what I'm doing.

I'm sorry if I come off as short with you, but that's an overreaction if I've ever seen one, and I fail to see how what you were discussing is at all relevant to using big text. You could have been talking about global warming for all I care. It's irrelevant.

DCAU does it a lot more than you, and it's grating no matter who does it. I don't care if it was Mike or Des doing it, I would have said the same thing. I'm not trying to single you out or pick on you, and I'm sorry if you think that's what I'm doing.

What?

OK, looks like we are pretty much arguing or overreacting over f-all.

Lets just leave it at this-No one to use larger fonts for any situations.

If you have to make a point, just bold the letters, or use a different font.

Lets just drop this shit, as I really don't want to write anymore shit on something as stupid as font sizes plus I'm really tired, and am not a fan of these long winded posts which go nowhere.

I don't think anyone is.

Everyone, calm down.

There's no need to get riled up over something so inconsequential. That said, please refrain from using larger fonts unless it's the headline of an article. I understand that we all get excited about certain things, but using different fonts, font sizes and / or all caps isn't the way to go.

Now, I don't want to hear any more about this.

We're still having cake right? :blush:

I have to ask though, I'm only part of the way through the episode, and the surfboard scene is only used twice and is really just a random stunt, that I agree with. It's been a few years since the last time I've seen Teen Wolf, but was it really that fast the whole transformation from hair to werewolf, as you sort of say in the show?

Cause the bit where Scott wins the basketball game as the wolf is were I feel this movie goes over the "You're freaking kidding me.." edge. If the transformation is that quick, I think I may have to re-watch this movie, as the rose tinted glasses may have to come off.

One minute he's dorky Scott Howard, and the next he's the coolest,, most loved guy in school. There's nothing in between.

Yes, there's still cake.

Yay!

I totally agree, that is shit and totally is all over the place, I just remembered he gets to be the lead in the play as he is a werewolf, as long as he stays in character......as the werewolf. I'm going to listen on my way to Uni tomorrow to the rest of the show.

Why doesn't he kill people like other werewolf's, the only other wolf that I can think of who was anything like this Big Wolf On Campus, and no one remembers that piece of crap show.

MJF played a character who was very sure of himself in Doc Hollywood. Mike if you love his work watch Scrubs season 3 as he is awesome in that show in the episodes he is in. Charlie Sheen replaced him in Spin City in later seasons of that show.