Fan Film Adaptations

GoFlash

Thought this might fit best in here - a place for people to share their thoughts about their favorite fan films. For example. Mike is a big fan of "The Death Of Batman"

Seriously, though, one group I'd recommend is Blinky Productions. Husband and wife, done some good films. Niki Notarile plays Catwoman (SKyle's ears suddenly perk up) in 3 films, Principles, The Diamond Exchange, and World's Finest (Catwoman & Power Girl). They also have 2 Power Girl films, some Blue Beetle, a 3 part Question film, and a short about a cop giving the Flash a speeding ticket. Some action, especially in the Catwoman films, some humor, really good costumes, very enjoyable. They have a channel on YouTube, so you can watch them online - they do have some DVDs available for sale as well.

I have a bunch more in my collection, but what else have people enjoyed (or thought was absolute garbage)?

Chris

Guest DCAUFan1051
Not really a fan film, but this is a great

pretty cool but part of it looks like the Daredevil/Elektra Fight in 2003's daredevil.

I also noticed the Jennifer Gardner Rain Sequence from Daredevil in it but it was all in Green

Guest DCAUFan1051
I've got a dvd with a bunch of fan films on it. I don't remember where I got it though. It has:

Grayson

Grayson: Pieces of the Puzzle

Batman: Dead End

Making up Batman: Dead End

World's Finest

Batman: Year One

Death of Batman

Punisher vs Wolverine

what is the Grayson Pieces of the Puzzle one??

I know of the grayson film and that would look supercool if they made it into a REAL movie but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon

Guest DCAUFan1051

Is it just me or is the batman statue that grayson is standing next to a sculpt of adam west's face? holy shit 18 grand for just that hell he could of actually made a whole film for a little more (kevin smith and his 27,000.00 Clerks budget) LOL

I love the Grayson film and the only problem I have is I can't get it to transfer to my iPhone damnit!!!! I think a lot of the villians were the original Batman 1966 TV show actors or at least they looked like them. I dunno though

Is it just me or is the batman statue that grayson is standing next to a sculpt of adam west's face? holy shit 18 grand for just that hell he could of actually made a whole film for a little more (kevin smith and his 27,000.00 Clerks budget) LOL

The black and white picture of Batman and Robin is a photoshopped Adam West and Burt Ward picture. He said he knew WB wouldn't let him make a full movie so that's why it's just a trailer.

I love the Grayson film and the only problem I have is I can't get it to transfer to my iPhone damnit!!!! I think a lot of the villians were the original Batman 1966 TV show actors or at least they looked like them. I dunno though

Does the iPhone play the same movies that will play on an iPod 5th generation? I was having so much trouble burning fanfilms to DVD and getting them to look decent (I don't like sitting in front of a computer watching video for some reason) that I gave up and converted my entire collection to iPod movies. If your iPhone will play it, I can probably help you out - send me a message.

Chris

Another 2 groups that're worth checking out:

Red Cape Productions

So far, only 2 films, both with Wonder Woman. Battle for Justice is about 6 minutes and feels more like a promo reel - some crime corporation talking about WW stopping their plans, then fighting her inthe parking garage. Of course, If I've got a bunch of corporate types, and I'm going to try to fight Wonder Woman, I'll do just what they did - send one guy at a time to fight her while the others watch. Still, she looks darn good in the costume.

Balance of Power has a bit more plot; also features Steve Trevor and a cameo by Superman. Supposedly, they're working on a WW/Supes crossover.

Bat In The Sun Films:

Father and son team - Aaron Schoenke directs, and has played Terry McGinnis and Nightwing. His father Sean composes music and played the villain in one film. They've moved on and are no longer making fan films, but left some great ones:

Dark Justice: A Year One-ish film where Batman and James Gordon have to track down some kidnappers who took a teenage Barbara Gordon. Batman's played by a guy who's worked as a stunt double for The Rock, to give you an idea of how big he is.

Batman Beyond: Year One - A different take on Terry's time in Juvenile Hall. About 45 minutes long - a bit weaker than their others. The Beyond suit didn't translate that well, and the guy playing Bruce Wayne obviously was nowhere near that old (plus, I have to say that Kevin Conroy's intensity in Beyond was impressive - I though he was even more intense there then he was in TAS).

Madness/Legends - 2 different film clips, both draw on a lot of the same material. More like trailers than films, although there are some snatches of Superman as well.

Joker's Christmas Spectacular - Little creepier than "Christmas with the Joker", especially when he throttles Harley...

Patient J: If you can't watch them all, watch this and Dark Justice. It's a half hour of the Joker talking with a psychiatrist. If they tried to adapt the DCAU Joker to live action, this is probably what he's look like. There's a lot of what we saw in Mad Love - you never know which Joker you're going to get. Some of the story is in flashbacks as well - the Bob Kane-style Batman at Ace Chemical, going after Jason Todd with a crowbar...