Goodbye Samurai Jack

Missy

The final four episodes of animator/writer/creator/director/producer Genndy Tartakovsky's (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Dexter's Laboratory) Samurai Jack series will premiere as part of a special edition of the network's programming block Toonami (7-11p), Saturday, September 25, 7, 8, 9 & 10p.  Weaving throughout the evening on the half-hour, around the final Samurai Jack episodes, will be 20 chapters (#1-20) of the interstitial micro-series Star Wars: Clone Wars, based on George Lucas' Star Wars saga, which is produced & directed by Genndy; Star Wars: Clone Wars will air as follows eps #1-5/7:30, eps #6-10/8:30, eps #11-15/9:30, eps #16-20 10:30p.

Shame, it was an excellent show. The art in a lot of episodes is superb and Aku might be one of the best cartoon villains ever! Episode XIII where he tells children fairy stories about how evil Jack is is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in a cartoon!

Aku : The beast was struck, and was transformed, into... BEEEEEEF JERRRRRRRKY.

• 6 months later...

I haven't watched it in awhile but from what I saw it looks like a cool little show. Yeah that scotish bounty hunter owned all. I like how there is no black outlines used around the characters. I think doing away with the lack outlines is something more animaters should do.

I think it's a lot of things. He's the lord of the world and has a presence in every episode, even if he doesn't appear. He's got a good balance between being sinister and humourous, without looking incompetent or retaining the same morons who always fail to dispose of the hero. Coupled with the fact he's powerful and knows how to exploit Jack's good nature, Aku ranks right up there in terms of cartoon villains.