Everything DC

JackFetch

10 hours ago, Delete said:

There are always gonna be idiots out there and the internet has amplified how loud a few jackasses are making it seem worse than it is.

I agree this isn't a widespread belief, but idiots still need to be called out.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a whole culture of people that thrives on drama. There are tons of Youtube accounts that make money from this kind of thing, and today's youth love gossip and drama. If you want a good example, search "tanacon" on Youtube. The good thing is these things don't last long before the next thing takes over the news. Most controversies like the She-Ra thing only last a week. The real problem is the culture behind it. These people are always looking for the next thing to exploit. That includes finding the one or two people on twitter being racist assholes and making a whole story about it as if it is widespread.

I never even heard anything about Starfire being black. All I heard about was how terrible the whole thing looked and the fuck Batman moment. 

On 7/31/2018 at 12:37 AM, Rjoyadet said:

I agree, but feel like a hypocrite when I admit I enjoyed the Teen Titans Go movie. The whole thing was a sacred cow barbecue, completely unapologetically irreverent. 

I pot on an episode of Teen Titans Go for my boys (4 and 6) and immediately turned it off and switched to something else when I realized the entire episode was based on fart jokes. Boys that age don't need to be encouraged to make fart jokes.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dan said:

The HBO Watchmen adaptation has gone to series.

HBO also released a detailed cast list, including previously announced cast members like Regina King (“The Leftovers”), Jeremy Irons (“Dead Ringers”), Tim Blake Nelson (“O Brother, Where Art Thou?”), and Don Johnson (“Book Club”), as well as as Jacob Ming-Trent, Dylan Schombing, Lily Rose Smith, and Adelynn Spoon. The rest of the cast includes Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Adelaide Clemens, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, and Sara Vickers.

Here’s the official logline from HBO:

Set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws, “Watchmen” embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own.

“Watchmen” has been slated for a 2019 release date.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/watchmen-hbo-series-cast-release-date-1201995838/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...