Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That needs to be better known for many reasons, not least of which is the utter meltdown a certain corner of fandom is certain to have.

In all sincerity, though, it's awfully good to hear that. I'm pleased he's in a place where he can be open.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I strongly dislike Nightwing showing up to say "F*** Batman." That's just not Grayson. Yes, I understand that there are many different ways to interpret a character, but in my opinion this is a bad interpretation. If it was Jason Todd, that would be different. I can totally see him saying that, and he is a very brutal character. But not Grayson. Like @The Master said, it's just shocking to be shocking.

There's nothing wrong with different takes of character in different media, but as an intended first impression I just found myself embarrassed as I saw it. The moronic argument that keeps flying around is that Dick Grayson would OF COURSE want to say "Fuck Batman", but the issue is whether or not you actually want a show about the Teen Titans to present itself like that. Couple with the return of excessive and arbitrarily lethal violence, and the tagline about "inner demons", this looks to be every bit the grimdark parody many people online say it is. You couldn't have come up with a more edgelord, teenage-like conceived trailer. I wasn't gonna watch it because there's too many comic based shows out now already, now I'll actively avoid it, which won't be hard.

9 hours ago, Donomark said:

I wasn't gonna watch it because there's too many comic based shows out now already

True that.

I'm so far behind that I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never catch up.

There are always gonna be idiots out there and the internet has amplified how loud a few jackasses are making it seem worse than it is.

Now if someone were to go after whoever it is that did that character's hair and costume then that would be another story.