Everything DC

JackFetch

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a couple episodes into Season 2 of Supergirl via Netflix. I am loving Mon-El and how totally oblivious he is, and it was especially funny when he becomes a mob enforcer.

Although it really makes no sense that Supergirl didn't immediately have him locked up as he is now technically a supervillain.

6 hours ago, Dread said:

I love the visual of Batwoman, but it isn't very practical to wear a helmet but then leave giant gaps for you luscious red hair to flow out of. Again...I appreciate it aesthetically, but like...that's where you aim your shots.

Or at her mouth.

I just watched the first episode of Titans. It's hard to judge based on the first episode because it's just introducing you to the characters and the world. My initial thoughts on the characters.

Spoiler

Dick: A generic 80s looking pretty boy. Nothing really special about him except he is a brutal fighter. The whole "fuck Batman" line was kind of taken out of context for the trailer. When he said it, he meant that he didn't need Batman to take care of those guys.

Starfire: I don't understand what they are doing with her. Why is she dressed like a prostitute? Her powers are cool I guess, but the whole "woke up with no memory" cliche is old.

Raven: The best character in the show in my opinion. She is a troubled teen that gets bullied. She has to stop herself from using her powers because they are pretty much fatal against whoever she uses them on. 

Beast Boy: Only had one scene. The fact that he has to be naked to transform is going to be interesting. 

They have set up that Batman has disappeared and the public doesn't know why.

I'll definitely keep watching to see where they go. 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:11 PM, Preston said:

I can’t tell if you guys are intentionally making innuendos or not and it is KILLING ME

I can't speak for Mr. Reddick, but I wasn't. I remember seeing a joke back in high school asking why people always shoot Batman or Robocop in the chest instead of aiming for their mouths, which were not covered by armor.

And I just realized Robocop was released 31 years ago, and next year will be 30 years since the Tim Burton Batman movie was released. I am an old man. Get off my lawn.

Copied from my Twitter feed:

Mea culpa time: Based on the trailers for Titans I shat on the product. Having now seen the first episode, I will say the trailers do this show a grave disservice. It's a solid 50 minute opener, and I will give it at least one more episode.

• Yes, it's way too violent.
  • They kept "Fuck Batman" in there.
  • The transformation effect of Garth is iffy.
  • Yes, Raven's overall design is what a 50-year-old man thinks a teenage goth girl looks like.

To counter that, though:

• Brenton Thwaites is a moody but convincing Dick Grayson.
  • The season-long plot looks like it will focus on Raven, and will put every character's motivations to the test.
  • The first time Starfire activates her powers, wow! Very well-done!
  • By stopping a crime as Robin, Dick has accidentally set the entire Detroit police force on his tail. Considering he's one of them, this could get interesting.
  • The lighting in the club scene is very John Wick. Another bravo!
  • Raven's power is interesting here. At this time it's unclear everything she can do, but the dark part of her seems to want to help her. So maybe it's not evil, or is evil but wants to do good. There's a sort of Venom vibe to it.

At this point two of the Titans have killed four people, though three of the murders were self-defense and were executed by powers they did not know they possessed. And it's unclear if Robin killed anybody in the alley. So keep that in mind when you watch this.

I'm not saying it's a great show, but it has potential. Hopefully it will continue to rise above those horrific trailers.

On 10/11/2018 at 6:11 PM, Preston said:

I can’t tell if you guys are intentionally making innuendos or not and it is KILLING ME. 

Ha! Nope. Never even caught it until you mentioned it.

On 10/13/2018 at 4:26 AM, S-T said:

I can't speak for Mr. Reddick, but I wasn't. I remember seeing a joke back in high school asking why people always shoot Batman or Robocop in the chest instead of aiming for their mouths, which were not covered by armor.

And I just realized Robocop was released 31 years ago, and next year will be 30 years since the Tim Burton Batman movie was released. I am an old man. Get off my lawn.

I think the general company line on Batman is that he wears the symbol on his chest to offer a target as a subconscious suggestion to shoot there rather than anywhere else.