The Marvel Cartoon Universe

Guest TFG1Mike

Decide Your Favorite Cartoon  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fuck it, I LOVED 1992 X-Men. Wanna fight about it? :ph34r:

I think there's a better chance of a fight being started due to someone thinking 1992 X-Men sucked. :happy:

1992 X-Men sucked. Because of Jubilee!

Yes. Otherwise I loved the show.

Random thing but was the guy who voice Spider man in the cartoon the same guy who Leonardo in TMNT and was a Brady kid in the first two Brady bunch movies?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a better chance of a fight being started due to someone thinking 1992 X-Men sucked. :happy:

1992 X-Men sucked. Defend yourself, sir!

The animation was good. Lots of superhero action. Everyone from the Morlocks to Alpha Flight made an appearance. The Dark Phoenix Saga. Morph.

That's my defense.

Ahem:

Time for my world famous Al Pacino impression from that scene in Carlito's way

Your honour, the X-men cartoon was good, aint nobody gonna be denying that!

But you honour the defence is saying that the show was all round good, however their is clear cut evidence that they had the Jubilee character in a prominent role.

Now, I am not saying I'm a good man, I'm saying that any mutant who's only superpowers is being an annoying April O'Neill from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rip off who has the power to shoot useless sparklers and wear out of date sunglasses is a hero. Uh uh, not where I come from that is not a superpower that is just annoying!

Thank you and may I just say I am a good man now and am free at last!

1992 X-Men sucked. Defend yourself, sir!

The animation was good. Lots of superhero action. Everyone from the Morlocks to Alpha Flight made an appearance. The Dark Phoenix Saga. Morph.

That's my defense.

To each his own, obviously, but I always though the animation was okay at best, the voice work was kind of pants, and while I applaud the vision and the attempt to bring some of the classic storylines to life - Dark Phoenix being a prime example - time and editorial limitations prevented them from being too successful. I remember watching the Dark Phoenix episodes and being extremely unimpressed. I found the show itself to be utterly without charm, and charm covers up a LOT of sins.

Part of it, I think, is that I was just too old when the show came out. I was probably 17 or 18, and I was probably a lot more harsh on cartoons then than I am now, but I just don't have any nostalgic feeling for X-Men when I watch it now.

Guest DCAUFan1051

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

that's funny Dan

I just watched the SMU cartoon episode where Spidey and the Goblin of the era that spidey is in team up to fight Venom and Carnage. I doubt that the venom charcter in the SMU series is the one from earth because he says I not "we" as Eddie Brock did say in the 1994 series. So it's my understanding that it isn't the same venom and carnage but it could be I'd have to watch the series from the beginning. One thing I liked about Spidey Unlimited was the comic book inserts like "later on" and stuff that came up at every new scene.

Overall my Top Marvel Universe Cartoons Are:

Spider-Man 1994

X-Men 1992

Iron Man

I just watched the SMU cartoon episode where Spidey and the Goblin of the era that spidey is in team up to fight Venom and Carnage. I doubt that the venom charcter in the SMU series is the one from earth because he says I not "we" as Eddie Brock did say in the 1994 series. So it's my understanding that it isn't the same venom and carnage but it could be I'd have to watch the series from the beginning.

If I remember correctly, they were on Counter Earth to take it over or some other cliche villain thing. If they are from Counter Earth, why did the go to our Earth in the first place?

Guest DCAUFan1051

My 6 favorite overall episodes of the 1994 Spidey Series are:

Secret Wars Parts 1-3

The Spider Wars Parts 1-3

The Spider Wars episodes were the series finale episodes. As far as Venom and Carnage being on Counter Earth or Earth I have no clue. I'd have to watch the 1999 Unlimited series again from start to finish.

Part of it, I think, is that I was just too old when the show came out. I was probably 67 or 68 and I was probably a lot more harsh on cartoons then than I am now, because in my day all Popeye needed was his spinach, and a good rootin toottin theme.

It had to be done. :blush:

I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over the sound of me eating this delicious cake.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Stan Lee was in the final episode The Spider Wars Part 3 as himself. The Spider-Man that was the leader of the gang went with the fictional character version of S-M to the "Real" world to meet stan lee to realize how appreciated Spidey really is. then madam webb showed up and they went searching for MJ. FADE TO BLACK

Guest DCAUFan1051

I sooooo miss FOXKids that was the best sat morning cartoon block in the 90's

As far as the Venom/Carnage appearances in Spidey Unlimited series I just watched the Spider-Man (1994) episode "Carnage" and Venom and Carnage get sucked through a demensional portal to another world. So seeing them in the Spidey Unlimited cartoon could be the other demension could be the after effect of the events in the 1994 series. :D

And I'm not sure if anyone remembers this but at the end of X-Men, the animation started to change and not for the better either.

Fox was going to pull the plug on X-Men, but ended up giving it another season at the last minute. They had to scramble to make it, so the last season was done by a different animation company.

Venom and Carnage of the real Earth hitched a ride with John Jameson to Counter Earth. This is why Spidey decides to leave Earth and a non-suck-in-portal Mary Jane. Wiki ( :rolleyes: ) says that the series are connected. but not once did anything in that series point to it being so.

DCAUFan: Spider Wars is only a two part episode, so I do not know where you are getting a part 3.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Venom and Carnage of the real Earth hitched a ride with John Jameson to Counter Earth. This is why Spidey decides to leave Earth and a non-suck-in-portal Mary Jane. Wiki ( :rolleyes: ) says that the series are connected. but not once did anything in that series point to it being so.

DCAUFan: Spider Wars is only a two part episode, so I do not know where you are getting a part 3.

I got Secret and Spider mixed up thought that they were both three parters sorry lol