The Marvel Cartoon Universe

Guest TFG1Mike

Decide Your Favorite Cartoon  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I dont know if this was mentioned in this thread anywhere ( i skipped a couple of pages) but i just read something on the web that said that X-MEN 94 is coming to dvd. I'm just curious if this is legit or not. i think i got the link from superherohype.com

heres the link

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/X-Men-Dis...V2_Covers/11211

TJ anything TVShowsOnDVD puts out is usually true they very rarely deal in rumors here's the cartoon thread for X-Men 1992 and yes it's coming to DVD X-Men Cartoon Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is awesome news, i didn't want to get my hopes up until i knew it was real. i just wish they would release the spider-man 90's cartoon on dvd.

anyways staying on topic with the thread , is the hulk 90's cartoon the one with Luke Perry in it ? because i rented a dvd a few years back that had about four or five hulk cartoons and one of them had iron man in it , was this show part of the MCU ?

Guest DCAUFan1051
this is awesome news, i didn't want to get my hopes up until i knew it was real. i just wish they would release the spider-man 90's cartoon on dvd.

anyways staying on topic with the thread , is the hulk 90's cartoon the one with Luke Perry in it ? because i rented a dvd a few years back that had about four or five hulk cartoons and one of them had iron man in it , was this show part of the MCU ?

yes the hulk cartoon that your referring to was a part of marvel's 90's toons. Iron Man did a crossover with the Hulk a few times.... just as he did in the Spidey 1994 cartoon. Spidey's on DVD but not as a full season collection there are several indiviudally compiled DVD's of the cartoon. hopefully with Disney releasing X more will come.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I have recently watched the entire run of the 90s Spidey series with Cade and both of us thought it sucked. Cade constantly said "Where's Spider-Man?" because he's only in about a third of each episode at most.

THE worst voice acting I have ever heard.

you need your hearing checked then because Spidey 1994 has some of the best and well known voice actors like:

Jennifer Hale (Felicia Hardy/Black Cat)

Roscoe Lee Browne (Kingpin)

David Warner (Herbert Landen)

Linda Gary (Aunt May)

Edward Asner (J. Jonah Jameson)

Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (Doc Ock)

Mark Hamil (The Hobgoblin)

David Hayer (Captain America)

Gregg Berger (Mysterio)

Jack Angel (Nick Fury)

Paul Winfield (The Black Marvel)

Rob Paulsen (Hydro Man)

I could go on........

I have recently watched the entire run of the 90s Spidey series with Cade and both of us thought it sucked. Cade constantly said "Where's Spider-Man?" because he's only in about a third of each episode at most.

THE worst voice acting I have ever heard.

you need your hearing checked then because Spidey 1994 has some of the best and well known voice actors like:

Jennifer Hale (Felicia Hardy/Black Cat)

Roscoe Lee Browne (Kingpin)

David Warner (Herbert Landen)

Linda Gary (Aunt May)

Edward Asner (J. Jonah Jameson)

Efrem Zimbalist Jr. (Doc Ock)

Mark Hamil (The Hobgoblin)

David Hayer (Captain America)

Gregg Berger (Mysterio)

Jack Angel (Nick Fury)

Paul Winfield (The Black Marvel)

Rob Paulsen (Hydro Man)

I could go on........

Names don't convince me but shitty delivery certainly backs me up. Every black character sounded stereotypical and most of the villains sounded high pitched screechy over the topness in the exact same manner. Anyone with an accent sounded like a retard.

I liked Kingpin and that was just about it.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Wasn't Dan Castlenetta Hob Goblin?

Also didn't Peter's actor played Leo in the original TMNT cartoon?

Oh this show was fun for the time, but I don't know if it's aged well as it's been............7 years since I saw a full episode and the clips I've seen on youtube were bad.

nope Hamil was Hobgoblin and the alter ego Jason something.... I know this to be fact because I remember watching the X-Men crossover episodes and thinking wait that's the joker WTF? And I got the list of characters/actors from imdb.

As far as TMNT Christopher Daniel Barnes wasn't in the series the voice of Leo was Cam Clarke according to imdb.

I'd like to say the point of me listing the voice actors in the Spidey cartoon was to show that there were excellent voice actors in the show... not unknowns who most likely would ruin the roles. But hey everyone has their own opinions.

But you assume that unknowns ruin the roles? This doesn't make sense. I don't give a shit if some of them are big voice actors, almost nmobody gave a halfway decent performance on that show. They all need to be taught subtlety.

The listing thing? I mean, what? Brando is one of the greatest actors of all time but he sure stunk it up something fierce sometimes.

The listing thing? I mean, what? Brando is one of the greatest actors of all time but he sure stunk it up something fierce sometimes.

The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Edit: I was just old enough by the end of the run to find Peter a bit whiny. When it started in 94, I was seven, so I was all over it, but by the time it ended, I must have been 12ish, and I thought Spider-Man was kind of a wimp.

Edit #2: Back on the voice actor thing, Ed Asner rocked J. Jonah if I recall it correctly.

I thought the ending to spider man the tv show was a piece of crap.

I know now it tied into another cartoon, but I didn't then.

Also the show although fun at the time, isn't something memorable, take the simpsons, the older episodes are still great, both in voice and animation, but thats partly dues to new episodes sucking.

But spider man was a product of the time.

Oh and preston is right, Spiderman was ever so slightly whiny.

Oh and as Preston said (Stop making me re-edit!) J. Jonah Jameson was awesome in the show.

I briefly remember the avengers cartoon, this may be my reinforced memory but i remember seing a lot of red skull and the avengers head quarters other than that this shows draws a blank for me. I remember the fantastic four show better than this. Which i would love to see again.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I can agree about the Avengers I saw a few episodes of it on the old jetix block and I'd rather be stabbed in the eye then watch that. And As far as why FF wasn't in the poll I thought about it afterwards when voting already started. I've only seen a few episodes of the Silver Surfer cartoon and don't really remember it. I will completely agree that Peter/Spidey is a whiny bitch in the Spidey toon, that's why I didn't add him to the voice acting list. As everyone knows I'm a comparer and when I got Season 1 of SeaQuest DSV last year I had to do a triple take on an actor in that show because it was Kingpin. Roscoe Lee Browne had a guest spot in that show. With any of the cartoons that I truly enjoy watching I find myself a little shocked o find out what else that they are in. Because of the fact that I may only know them from one or two things I've seen.

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
The first season of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon is now on iTunes.

The way the X-Men cartoon went, I'd like to think of this as the first step towards volume DVD sets.

I completely agree Spidey's Been on iTunes for awhile though. I wish Disney didn't have the rights to marvel toons that way marvel could release them with special features. But the X-Men release is awesome I'm so having a X marathon Tuesday afternoon.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...