Episode 40

RSS

I haven't listened to all of it, but did you guys rag on whoever drew Magma and made him CLayface's brother?

Nope. To me, he was a lava Thing, not a Clayface retread.

I do agree that Meltdown should've been a 2 parter, so much shit happens, and if I remember correct they stree the point that Freeze is immortal so the end wasn't really the end of him.

That was in his old body. His new body is different, and might not be immortal.

I haven't listened to all of it, but did you guys rag on whoever drew Magma and made him CLayface's brother?

Nope. To me, he was a lava Thing, not a Clayface retread.

I do agree that Meltdown should've been a 2 parter, so much shit happens, and if I remember correct they stree the point that Freeze is immortal so the end wasn't really the end of him.

That was in his old body. His new body is different, and might not be immortal.

Mike It was Clayface with a different color and voice. Come on.

I know it was a new body, but he did develop the same condition to his new body where he once again needed a suit so I was wondering perhaps his immortality stayed with him as well.

I think that i remember supermarket sweep. Was it the one where the host would call down audience members, and they would go in the supermarket looking for whatever he called out or something. In san antonio they still show it , but it is on the spanish channels, and i can barely understand them

Guest DCAUFan1051
I love watching the commentary on it as well as the movie itself

If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I would pick up the cut version just for the commentary.

suave I have the uncut version I never bought the cut version I am unsure if the commentary would be different.

they even mention in the uncut version of the commentary how different it was between the 2 versions of the film

the only 2 differences I saw was the beginning was longer in the cut version and in the ending the joker gets electrocuted instead of shot

• 3 weeks later...

Meltdown-My favorite episode thus far. Freeze was the best villain out of BTAS by far and this episode did him justice. Although a nice cliched "suit up" scene you guys talked about would be really nice. I noticed the snowing thing too. It was odd. Global warming, man! The music in this episode was fucking fantastic and maybe the best of the entire DCAU as far as I'm concerned. Although, there are some neat episode of JLU music-wise. It was tight and fitting throughout with some repeating motifs across genre that I really dug.

Heroes-No surprise that I loved it. The Thing I like about it is (see what I did there) is that it homages the FF but shakes it up a little bit. Almost like it was a What If or something where Reed becomes the Thing. Dug it. They totally died, by the way. I will say that story-wise I thought it was weak and the animation was not as good as it could have been. The voice acting of the Terrific Three was sub par. Very clearly I liked it for only one reason. I think you were overreaching on the Spidey homage, Mike. You seem to forget that something large lands on top of Batman in EVERY episode! There needs to be a large debris watch on WFP.

Spellbound-loved the character design on the villain in this one. I thought the power and execution of power terrible and lame. The Commissioner is checking up on a teenager who pisses off her dad? What? This episode was a series of set pieces created for the sole purpose of having the hallucinations. There didn't seem to be any need for any of it to be happening. I liked the look of the character but everything else was terrible. Bruce bitchslapping Terry? Priceless. This is Frank Miller's Goddamn Batman. I side with James, Hated this episode. The Princess Audrey thing made me think of Hepburn. Good catch James!

Shriek-Nice. Another new villain of lasting effect like Inque. Not the strongest episode but fun with some great action. The Bruce moment was spectacular at the end. The fight between Bats and Shriek was epic in animation and sound. <applause>

A Touch of Curare-My problem with this episode? The commissioner of police married to the DA? Not likely. Other than that: loved it. Terry's realization of Babs is classic and the commentary on the past is very cool and eye-opening in the case of Bruce and Babs. Curare was one-dimensional but still offered some great fight scenes including the epic portrayal of her siege on the home of the DA. Beautiful. This might be my favorite until the Justice League shows up. Maybe.