Things Most People Like that You Can't Stand

The full scale goes-

First Rate: Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, Firefly

Second rate: Red Dwarf, Current Dr Who

Third Rate: Babylon 5

Fourth Rate: Stargate in all its incarnations

Bowels of hell's most putrid offering: Andromeda

Wait, I don't get it: how could it be the greatest sci fi series ever if you've just put five above it? The only thing in that list that's worth mentioning is Star Trek and then again, only some Star Trek.

Andromeda? You dare besmirch the power of the Sorbo? :laugh:

Choke, with Sam Rockwell, was awesome. To hell with anyone that hated it.

Whoa whoa! Choke CAME OUT? That's Pahlainuk's best work. I need to see it.

mentioning Dr. Who might make me enemies.

I understand why you find it charming but I find absolutely nothing of interest beyond the general premise of the idea behind it.

<_<

Sorry. But it's the truth. Now you know why I was so tight-lipped during our conversation the other week.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted - A horrendous book that made me feel dumber after reading it.

Angelina Jolie - When did everyone decide that she was the hottest woman on Earth? She looks like a fish and I imagine one would need some sort of delousing after a night with her.

Dan Slott. I knew I was forgetting someone.

Yesterday I was talking about comic books with a coworker, and when Amazing Spider-Man came up he frowned. Seeing that, I said, "If you can get past One More Day, Spider-Man is an okay book right now." He shook his head and said, "It's not that. I don't like Dan Slott."

All I could do was think of Des and laugh! :laugh:

Dan Slott. I knew I was forgetting someone.

Yesterday I was talking about comic books with a coworker, and when Amazing Spider-Man came up he frowned. Seeing that, I said, "If you can get past One More Day, Spider-Man is an okay book right now." He shook his head and said, "It's not that. I don't like Dan Slott."

All I could do was think of Des and laugh! :laugh:

Tell him I think highly of him.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
Jane's Addiction - Maybe Ian can answer this. What is the appeal of this band? They have one of the most horrendous singers in the history of music.

the only song I liked and really ever heard by them and like to this day was one featured in the movie Torque called True Nature.

Jane's Addiction - Maybe Ian can answer this. What is the appeal of this band? They have one of the most horrendous singers in the history of music.

I don't actually know a lot of their stuff. I like Just Because (obv.) and Been Caught Stealing, otherwise I'm not really bothered. In defence of Perry Farrell, he's not a bad singer for hire, as the Chef Aid album proved.

If we're talking about music appeal, why is Madonna still famous? Why can't people say "No, you haven't made a good record since the 80s, please go away" to that deluded, gap-toothed bint?

Guest DCAUFan1051

Speaking of bands, what's the big deal about Nickleback? All their songs sound the same.

dang and I didn't even trash anyone's favorite band and y'all gotta hate on Nickelback. That's so wrong :D

Christopher Nolan's "realistic" version of Batman (TDK is a great movie but it's not Batman or Gotham, save for the Joker)

Batman Forever - don't know why ppl think this is so much better than batman and robin when they're the same movie except BF takes itself more seriously

Beets. I do not like them here or there, I do not like them anywhere.

And I'm with DW on marijuana. That includes all the stoner flicks like pineapple express and knocked up. Which leads me to...

Seth McFarlon

High school musical - so bad.

Butter on my toast.

Batman Forever - don't know why ppl think this is so much better than batman and robin when they're the same movie except BF takes itself more seriously

Well, there are about a million less puns in Batman Forever.

And I'm with DW on marijuana. That includes all the stoner flicks like pineapple express and knocked up. Which leads me to...

Seth McFarlon

Seth Rogan surely?