Things Most People Like that You Can't Stand

so your telling me it's not a jack black film even with his name in the credits????

yes those 2 films he had a supporting role but he IS still in them and it's a part of his filmography

To call something a "Jack Black film," to me at least, he has to be a major lead. School of Rock is a Jack Black film, so is Nacho Libre and Kung Fu Panda. The Jackal is a Bruce Willis / Richard Gere movie, and Enemy of the State is a Will Smith film.

I can see you point but jack black did have a essential role in the storyline of The Jackal

When I saw Enemy Of The State I had to actually do a double take to even see if it was jack black.

I think "essential" is overstating his role in that film.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
so your telling me it's not a jack black film even with his name in the credits????

yes those 2 films he had a supporting role but he IS still in them and it's a part of his filmography

To call something a "Jack Black film," to me at least, he has to be a major lead. School of Rock is a Jack Black film, so is Nacho Libre and Kung Fu Panda. The Jackal is a Bruce Willis / Richard Gere movie, and Enemy of the State is a Will Smith film.

I can see you point but jack black did have a essential role in the storyline of The Jackal

When I saw Enemy Of The State I had to actually do a double take to even see if it was jack black.

I think "essential" is overstating his role in that film.

maybe but it's role especially back then that you don't expect jack black to be in.

I know I'm gonna get flack for this but the movie that's easiest for me to watch that he's in is The Holiday (it was 4am nothing else was on and it was free on HBO)

That's actually the main film I was talking about, IMO Black cannot play the likable main love interest in a film as it is just not believable to me.

Jack(That's right Stavros, I avoided the Black joke....shit) is great when he play the main characters friend, such as cable guy, he is not the main focus of the movie, or he's playing a fun character in a comedy role, such as School of rock, an awesome movie.

But Black is not believable as the guy your meant to believe that the hot actress is meant to fall in love with.

But hey, that's my opinion.

Who likes Scobby Doo period?

Uhh.... *Starts to whistle*

When your a kid, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island was the greatest horror/action/adventure movie in history. And so was Spy Kids.

I was a child of the eighties. When I was a kid, the greatest movie I knew was the original TMNT. I never liked Scooby-Doo. Ever.

As a child of the nineties, I was bred on nostalgia (as 90s cartoons were horrible - Captain Planet anyone? James?!?) so I liked pretty much everything on TV, Scooby Doo included. Still, one cartoon from yesteryear that sucked? The Smurfs. I don't care if Dick Dastardly voiced the bad guy, I hated it. Even worse, they were adopted into the UK Pop scene in the mid-90s and my brother, who was only 8 at the time so I suppose that works in his favour, bought both "The Smurfs Go Pop" and the Christmas equivalent. And the Teletubbies album. And LPs of the Spice Girls, who featured on his pyjamas.

Of course, I'm not embarrassing my brother for any particular reason. I'm just saying that The Smurfs represent everything I hate and that by Friday, it'll be obvious why I mention my brother in such a tone.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I liked scooby doo. I always wanted to see who the ghost was.

I suppose that's why I liked Matlock. Because he's so good at pulling a rabbit out of the hat at the end of the episode.

that and he could scarf some hot dogs like nobody's business :D

• 2 weeks later...

Wolverine: I don't know that I HATE him, I just never really saw the hype. Why is he so important? Why does he have to be retconned into every bit of history in the Marvel Universe, like some sort of short, grumpy Forrest Gump? There's so many X-Men that I find more interesting - by himself, I don't mind Wolverine, but given that everyone elevates him to near godhood - THAT irks me. I loved the scene in the first X-Men movie on the train where Wolverine asked Magneto why he wanted him, and Magneto gave him that look and said "My dear boy, who ever said I wanted you?" That sums up my attitude perfectly,

Batman: Actually, much the same as Wolverine. I don't have a problem with the character, I just get frustrated when he always has to be better, know more, be the the one to solve problems, and show everyone else up. I know that around here, a lot of people will complain, and point out that he's BATMAN, for gosh sakes...blah blah blah...greatest detective...blah blah blah - see, you just proved that I'm on track. After all, this is supposed to be about what most people like.

Most any sport - just don't see the appeal of watching other people exercise.

Starbuck's - Don't get me started on calling your smallest cup of coffee "Tall". Small. Medium. Large. Simple and clear. Got it? Next, when you roast coffee, you have to take it out of the roaster at some point. They overroast their coffee so much that they don't even need to grind it - they just give it a stern look and it crumbles into ash, which they put into the filters. Hey, some of us actually like to taste coffee, OK? Try a light roast once in a while - there's no point in buying good coffee like Kona and then roasting it to the point where you can only taste the roast, not the coffee.

In closing, and along the lines of not going along with hype, bonus points to anyone who a) can identify this quote and b) actually has the source (googling doesn't count):

"But, you know, screw that. I also liked Winger better than Bon Jovi. I still do. I don't care what the critics say."

Chris