Things Most People Like that You Can't Stand

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman Forever - don't know why ppl think this is so much better than batman and robin when they're the same movie except BF takes itself more seriously

I will never be able to satisfactorily explain it, even to myself, but I still kind of get a charge out of this movie. I know it's not great, but I don't care.

Batman Forever - don't know why ppl think this is so much better than batman and robin when they're the same movie except BF takes itself more seriously

I will never be able to satisfactorily explain it, even to myself, but I still kind of get a charge out of this movie. I know it's not great, but I don't care.

I'll agree its not great, but I really like the fastball style dialogue of this film. Jim Carrey is hugely entertainig throughout, and I get a kick out of some of the Wayne/Grayson banter. The problem with B&R is that it not only took the style of Forever up to 1000, it cast some fucking horrible people in the roles and ditched any attempt at anything more than the most basic one-liners.

When Mike, Ian and I review BF, I'll have more to say about this, but the Riddler should NEVER be that bouncy. That said, I think Carrey was a very good choice at the time for the character.

No, you're absolutely right. It's obvious they had Frank Gorshin in mind.

When Mike, Ian and I review BF, I'll have more to say about this, but the Riddler should NEVER be that bouncy. That said, I think Carrey was a very good choice at the time for the character.

At what point have I ever claimed to like 1960's Batman?

I was referring to the performance choices Carrey and Schumacher made. I never accused you of liking 60s Batman.

I was referring to the performance choices Carrey and Schumacher made. I never accused you of liking 60s Batman.

Don't you hate trying to decipher emotion through Internet text? :blush:

Don't you hate trying to decipher emotion through Internet text? :blush:

Fair enough. :happy:

Guest DCAUFan1051
Most people like Nickelback? When did this happen??

That might be based on their record sales, but I think that a misleading source. I own a Nickelback album and I can't stand them.

which album do u own??

and come on there are worst bands out there then Nickelback ............ Disturbed comes to mind same angry lyrics and sound in every CD they've made but people still love them.

Most people like Nickelback? When did this happen??

That might be based on their record sales, but I think that a misleading source. I own a Nickelback album and I can't stand them.

which album do u own??

Silver Side Up. It represents a dark time in my life where I did nothing but play Jedi Knight 2, drink belgian beer and eat cheesy poofs.

Which leads me to...

Seth McFarlon

Seth Rogan surely?

Maybe she's talking about Family Guy.

And don't call me Shirley.

Yeah, but she mentioned Pineapple Express and Knocked Up, implying she was referring to Rogan.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Disturbed is great. You take that back.

no I will not take that back !!! :D

until everyone stops ragging on Nickelback Disturbed's first three albums were very good this last 1 though is wayyyy to dark. Plus half the time Draiman is screaming on almost every track in every album the band has ever done. I'm not saying that I don't like Disturbed. I'm merely pointing out that there are worse bands out there then Nickelback. there has only been one album of NB that I didn't care for and that was Curb. All the rest while sounding similiar to each other are each unique in their own way. Dark Horse is very different but remains the same as the other albums.

I think it's sad that everyone brings up one person's favorite band to compare to other bad things.