Things Most People Like that You Can't Stand

I'm going to...GASP!....agree with DCAUFan.

I hate Disturbed. I hate Draiman's voice. I hate their generic riffs and their poserish music. That bullshit with him crying about his mom on the first record made me want to punch him in the face.

The best thing about them is Richard Cheese's cover of Down With the Sickness.

They are lame.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, has anyone here heard a Disturbed song OTHER than Down With the Sickness? That seems to the only one anyone brings up when ragging on them. Their last album was too dark? They're a band named DISTURBED, of course it's supposed to be dark. And what exactly is poserish about it? It's like any band dares to use Drop D tuning and they're instantly labeled as shit.

I'm not going to defend my musical choices, mostly because I listen to Billie freaking Piper, and thus can't talk. There are a lot of bands out worse than Nickelback, but Disturbed ain't one of them.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm going to...GASP!....agree with DCAUFan.

I hate Disturbed. I hate Draiman's voice. I hate their generic riffs and their poserish music. That bullshit with him crying about his mom on the first record made me want to punch him in the face.

The best thing about them is Richard Cheese's cover of Down With the Sickness.

They are lame.

lol Des I think that makes 2 things that we agree on I can't remember what the other was but I think it had to do with movies

as far as this thread I can't stand people that don't know how to drive. Coming from a guy whom has never tried it I could easily drive better then half the people that live in my city. And I don't even want to drive... I would if it wasn't for the mild case of cerebral palsy and a case of bad vision. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Okay, has anyone here heard a Disturbed song OTHER than Down With the Sickness? That seems to the only one anyone brings up when ragging on them. Their last album was too dark? They're a band named DISTURBED, of course it's supposed to be dark. And what exactly is poserish about it? It's like any band dares to use Drop D tuning and they're instantly labeled as shit.

I'm not going to defend my musical choices, mostly because I listen to Billie freaking Piper, and thus can't talk. There are a lot of bands out worse than Nickelback, but Disturbed ain't one of them.

ok well lets see DW Decadence would be another bad track... Liberate is the same vein as Down With The Sickness.... and I know they are a dark band that's the appeal of them but whatever the hell the album was after Ten Thousand Fists is wayyyyyy to damn dark even for them

I like them but I was just pointing out as I've stated three times in this thread already THERE ARE BANDS worse then Nickelback out there.

ok well lets see DW Decadence would be another bad track... Liberate is the same vein as Down With The Sickness.... and I know they are a dark band that's the appeal of them but whatever the hell the album was after Ten Thousand Fists is wayyyyyy to damn dark even for them

I like them but I was just pointing out as I've stated three times in this thread already THERE ARE BANDS worse then Nickelback out there.

And if you read my post, you would have seen that I already said that.

Who was defending their lyrics? A solid 90% of all modern music has shit lyrics.

Can you explain to me what the fuck a "blood-stained hurricane" is??

A hurricane stained with blood?

Suave's right, James. I don't see what's so hard to understand about those lyrics.

The lyric in question is: "You come on like a blood-stained hurricane."

Exactly what does that mean? That the person is a tropical disaster? That the person just got done killing a mess of people by spinning around really, really, really fast?

I'm not going to belabor this anymore because if you read the whole verse that that line comes from, not one iota of it makes any sense whatsoever. It's almost exactly like a certain movie where a certain character retorts, "Things change." (Hi Mike!)

I bought Disturbed's first album and have been trying to get over the shame ever since.

Now, Billie Piper, that's someone I can get behind.

In more ways than one!

for a belated clear-up, I meant Seth Rogan.

And my dislike for BF stems from the fact I can't stand Joel's style for Batman in general, and if I had to pick which one was better, I'd pick the cheesier one. I liked Jim Carrey, but Tommy Lee Jones and Nicole Kidman were intolerable. At least in B&R, Arnold made me laugh. A lot.

"Eva-Lee body -- Fah-Leeze."