Aquaman to be a goofy movie?

Missy

Allegedly, DC's lord of the seas is getting the cinematic treatment, courtesy of producers Alan and Peter Riche and writer Ben Grant... sources said, "They want this Aquaman to be a goofy screwball comedy. Their thought was, 'since he's such a stupid character let's play that up.'"

Sigh.

I've been saying it all along: Warner Bros. wants to kill not only the comic book movie, but also their subsidiary DC Comics.

Hey since they wanted Jack Black to play the Green Lantern, maybe KG is up for the role of Aquaman!

Warner Brothers needs to realize that there's a reason Marvel/Fox are kicking their collective ass in the box office. When The Punisher outdraws Catwoman (and it will, when all is said and done), there is a problem.

I've said it before and I'll say it again what do you expect. $ come first, integrity of the brand comes second. Unfortunately what WB do not realise is that instead of buying DC whole, they should have made a deal for exclusivity for all non-print media from DC. That way, the creative would have stayed autonomous to the need to beat the other guys.

Sigh, a chill goes through my spine thinking about what it would be like it Sony had bought Marvel, like they had planned at one point.

Oh, you know they'll leave that shit out 'cause that might actually make the film and character interesting.  Seriously, fuck Warner Bros.  For everything they do right, they don't do anything right.

:cry:

Well, I gotta give 'em Superman, Superman II, and all of their superhero cartoons.

Oh, you know they'll leave that shit out 'cause that might actually make the film and character interesting.  Seriously, fuck Warner Bros.  For everything they do right, they don't do anything right.

:cry:

Well, I gotta give 'em Superman, Superman II, and all of their superhero cartoons.

Not to mention the first two Batman films

Yes, because a story about a man whose hand is severed off is PERFECT for a screwball comedy. :bang:

*cough* Kingpin *cough*

I couldn't care less about Aquman so this news doesn't really affect me, but as "This Is Spinal Tap" says, "Money talks, creativity walks."

You know, as soon as I typed that, I thought..."Ah, shit...Kingpin." :doh:

Still, Aquaman is FAR from a comedic character. Hell, I'd say behind Batman, he's probably the least likely person in the JLA to fit into some kind of goofy comedy.