Episode 41

RSS

In any case after seeing the last episode of S1 of BB, I have to say that Blight's response to Terry telling him that he killed his father was fricking bad-ass. Right up there with (sorry for one of you guys' continued mental health from head meeting desk too many times) Joker telling Bats in Batman '89 that he killed a lot of people when Bats said the same thing to him.

"Disappearing Inque"

It was nice to see Inque back, until about minute six when I realized there was no saving this episode. there are some good moments here like between Tim and Bruce and Bruce as Shadow and Kingdom Come robot Batsuit. But it's pretty ruthlessly terrible otherwise.

"Ascension"

I kind of liked this one. I looooooove the character design of Blight. I think that there are a lot of good moments, like the entire battle on the submarine. I like Paxton Powers as a villain but not a replacement for Derek. I wanted him to hang on and be the puppet his father promised. It would have led to better things I think. One question I don't think you guys commented on: why the fuck is the fisherman brought along to fake indignation at Paxton? Were they trying to say that paxton brought him along to piss off dad? That makes no sense.

"Joyride"

POS

"Earth Mover"

Loved the Tony Corpse. Other than that, this is the worst of them all. I HATED this episode. This was reprehensible.

"Splicers"

Kind of pointless but I do like the idea of splicing animals. Island of Dr. Moreau is one of my favorite Gothic novels. This is a bad episode but I still think it's far from the worst this bunch has to offer.

"Earth Mover"

Loved the Tony Corpse. Other than that, this is the worst of them all. I HATED this episode. This was reprehensible.

Not that I blame you, but why do you think this one is worse than "Joyride"? I mean, I debated giving that one a zero.

They're both bad and they vacillate what's worse between them. EM had some nuggets of decency that made it similar to a horror story but5 the sheer refusal to go through with it pissed me off.

"Earth Mover"

Not that I blame you, but why do you think this one is worse than "Joyride"? I mean, I debated giving that one a zero.

They're both bad and they vacillate what's worse between them. EM had some nuggets of decency that made it similar to a horror story but5 the sheer refusal to go through with it pissed me off.

I see where you're coming from there. It's pretty much how I feel about "Ascension" in how Blight is written off in such a stupid way, never to return.