Saw

Missy

Has anyone else seen the trailer for this or heard any buzz. It looks totally fucked up, and not for the weak of heart. The Punisher DVD I bought from Best Buy came with three exclusive clips. Two looked killer, but the third was only so-so.

Here's the plot summery:

Obsessed with teaching his victims the value of life, a deranged, sadistic serial killer is abducting morally wayward people and forcing them to play horrific games for their own survival. Faced with impossible choices, each victim must struggle to win back his/her life, or else die trying... A young man named Adam (Whannell) wakes to find himself chained to a rusty pipe inside a decrepit subterranean chamber. Chained to the opposite side of the room is another bewildered captive, Dr. Lawrence Gordon (Elwes). Between them is a dead man lying in a pool of blood, holding a .38 in his hand. Neither man knows why he has been abducted; but instructions left on a microcassette, order Dr. Gordon to kill Adam within eight hours. If he fails to do so, then both men will die, and Dr. Gordon's wife, Alison (Potter), and his daughter will be killed. Recalling a recent murder investigation by a police detective named Tapp (Glover), Dr. Gordon realizes he and Adam are the next victims of a psychopathic genius known only as "Jigsaw." With only a few hours left to spare, they must unravel the elaborate puzzle of their fate in the midst of mounting terror. The killer has provided them with only a few clues and two handsaws – too weak to break their steel shackles, but strong enough to cut through flesh and bone...

I've seen a couple previews of the movie and know a certain individual who always brings up the movie whenver I'm around him, should be a pretty damn scary movie. I just hope it plays at a theater close to me as I think I heard something about this one getting an NC-17 rating, which if true, would mean it probably won't play at many theaters.

• 1 month later...