The Dukes of Hazzard: The Movie

Missy

According to People magazine, Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott will play Luke and Bo Duke (respectively) in the movie adaptation of The Dukes of Hazzard. And though Daisy and Boss Hogg haven't been cast yet, Jessica Simpson and Burt Reynolds are the forerunners.

According to People magazine, Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott will play Luke and Bo Duke (respectively) in the movie adaptation of The Dukes of Hazzard. And though Daisy and Boss Hogg haven't been cast yet, Jessica Simpson and Burt Reynolds are the forerunners.

I like Knoxville, he could bring something unique to the movie. Please not SWS, he's had his day and I thougth he wanted to try and get away from cheesy comedies.

I heard Simpson ages ago, apparently she was the first to sign a contract. If she goes brunette it could be ok, maybe. But if she is a blonde Daisy, I won't be happy.

:rant: WTF. As a proud Southerner I would like to personally invite the casting agency, directors, producers, and writers to go fuck themselves. Dukes of Hazzard didn't need a fucking movie in the first place, and now it's getting the Starsky and Hutch treatment.:rant:

Why can't people leave 70's TV shows alone?

I like Knoxville, he could bring something unique to the movie. Please not SWS, he's had his day and I thougth he wanted to try and get away from cheesy comedies.

Surprisingly, I enjoyed Knoxville in Walking Tall. Hell, he was the best part of the movie. So he might be decent in this role. But Scott can go fuck himself.

I heard Simpson ages ago, apparently she was the first to sign a contract. If she goes brunette it could be ok, maybe. But if she is a blonde Daisy, I won't be happy.

It's official, Simpson has signed. sigh And I'm with you, if they make her a blond I will be so pissed off! Oh! And if they make her a ditz...! :grumble: :grumble:

It's official, Simpson has signed. sigh And I'm with you, if they make her a blond I will be so pissed off! Oh! And if they make her a ditz...! :grumble: :grumble:

God made her a ditz, oh you mean Daisy. Yeah it is going to take a supreme acting effort to make this work. If you were going for a Simpson, wouldn't her sister have made a better choice?

• 10 months later...

I saw it yesterday. It was fun, though certainly more off-color than the original series. A few things:

• I think the joke about Willie Nelson and his marijuana use was really lame. It is completely irrelevant to the Dukes franchise, only to the actor playing Uncle Jesse.
  • The actors playing Bo & Luke were not as bad as I expected.
  • Jessica Simpson was the only one who tried to imitate a Southern accent.
  • I think those complaining about the sexual content of the movie are looking back at the series with rose-colored glasses. There is a reason that really short shorts are called "Daisy Dukes".
  • The scene with the muffin jokes that Brent Bozell was complaining about was removed from the theatrical version.
  • Roscoe was not stupid, unlike the TV series.
  • Including the hound dog "Flash" was a nice touch.
  • I don't think anyone could play Boss Hogg as well as Sorrell Booke.
  • Boss Hogg is supposed to be fat. That is half the character's gimmick. Couldn't they find a fat actor to play Boss Hogg?

that is not enough to make me fork over $8.

I forked over $0.00

I had a pass to see it free.

Edit: Jessica Simpson's portrayal of Daisy was the closest to the original series of any of the characters in the movie.

Edited by S-T