Doctor Who Week

Missy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's not just Martha and the Doctor or Rose and the Doctor. It's literally every single time a man and a woman are on screen together. Rose's own dad even hit on her. It's like they think that the only possible relationship between a man and a woman is a romantic one.

Heres hoping that they ditch the female assistant for a few episodes next season, or at least the upcoming holiday specials. I'd quite like to see the Doctor trying to get along with other guys instead of kicking them off quickly like they did with Mickey, Jack and that chap with the hole in his head. Lets see a return to the sort of buddy relationship he had with that highlander kid.

Totally in agreement. I recently thought about it, and realized a fair number of my favorite companions or companion-type people (Ian, Jamie, the Brig, Jack) were male. I always like the dynamic when there are at least two companions in the TARDIS; if the Doctor is off doing something, the companions still have each other to bounce off of (Girl in the Fireplace is a great example of this).

You're right, DW. I forgot that it extended beyond the Doctor and his companions. Have you seen Torchwood? Everybody fucks everybody on that show: male, female, Cybers, it doesn't matter. Everyone gets laid.

I, too, want there to be a serious male companion soon. Hell, I wanted it to be Ross Jenkins from "The Sontaran Stratagem" / "The Poison Sky." He and the Doctor hit it off right away and had great chemistry, but, well...

It's funny - if you ever went to the Outpost Gallifrey forum (which can be a scary place sometimes; the idea that the next Doctor might be black is making for some weird posts), there's still, to this day, a huge outcry to bring Ross back to life and make him a companion. The fanboys only got more vociferous (yes!) over Sally.

Human Nature/Family of Blood

- Those scarecrows were creepy as hell.

- More lovey dovey stuff, but it allowed Martha to step into the forefront a bit, and she's starting to grow on me.

- I love angry Tenth Doctor. So calm, but the guy is fucking hardcore.

It's funny - if you ever went to the Outpost Gallifrey forum (which can be a scary place sometimes; the idea that the next Doctor might be black is making for some weird posts), there's still, to this day, a huge outcry to bring Ross back to life and make him a companion.

Whenever I see his death, I think to myself, "Well, we never actually saw the laser hit him. Maybe he faked it." But I know that's a lie I tell myself to keep from crying. :shakehead:

- I love angry Tenth Doctor. So calm, but the guy is fucking hardcore.

The calm yet angry Doctor is very frightening!

The Doctor's Daughter

- The streak of hotties continues!

- How many "backflip through security beams" sequences have there been in the history of television and film? Seriously now.

- Saw that ending from a mile away, but that's not exactly a bad thing.

I agree there, but the rest of the thing just felt like one giant clusterfuck of fan service, and

that stuff with the extra doctor and Rose was utter bullshit. Even ignoring the fact that Mickie should have gotten her in the end, what they did was a total cop out. I made me ultimately hate the character in the end.

There is a lot of fan service in that episode, that's for sure, but they've been building the

Rose / Doctor love story since "Rose," so it made sense for those two to wind up together and not Rose and Mickey.

Plus, having a

human Doctor around means he can age

. So if Tennant ever wants to come back,

he can do so as that Doctor, and they don't have to explain why he looks older.

I know they were building that love story, but it's all the more reason that they shouldn't have ended up together. I don't buy that Rose was ever in love with The Doctor. She was in love with his life. Rose's "love" for the Doctor had a lot more to do with the whimsy and the adventure than anything he did personally. They kept hitting you over the head with the fact that she wanted to get away from her mundane life at any cost, and meanwhile there's Mickie, a guy that can't just regenerate, who knows he could die at any moment, who quite literally follows Rose to the ends of the universe even after she abandons him for a total stranger. I'm probably alone in this, but I think it would have been great if at the end of everything, Rose is all upset that the Doctor is leaving again, and he tells her that what she's been looking for was with her the whole time, and she comes to the realization that Mickie was the one that was truly there for her and she finally reciprocates his love.

Should they be upset that they were breaking away from each other? Absolutely. They've been through a lot, but creating a second Doctor for the specific and blatant purpose of giving Rose a Doctor fuck toy angered me. It's not the same guy. It's a guy that committed genocide that just happens to look like him and just told her the words she wanted to hear. After the Doctor leaves, she's just back to her mundane life, but now she gets to go home to a Doctor look-a-like. That's not resolution to me. That's a lazy attempt to tie up a loose end and I don't buy it for a second.

And I can't even take The Doctor's feelings into account because A) whether she ended up with Mickie or the clone, he was getting shafted either way and B) he falls in love with someone almost every time he steps out of the TARDIS, so I'm left with little reason to care.

Also, I don't care how much money they spent, they need to cut it out with the Daleks already. I don't want to see them again for at least two more seasons. Their effect is starting to wane on me.

Donna's exit was sad, but this whole episode was less about telling a story, and more about wiping the slate clean for the new season, and a lot of the climax was just a little too convenient for me.

FEAR THE SPOILER LINES OF DOOM~

When

Rose shows up again I just want her to be all bitter against the Doctor for leaving her with some half-baked clone. It would be even better if he was a new Doctor by then, creating an even bigger emotional separation.

I just want the Rose/Dr Lite relationship to have ended really bitterly and miserably, just to ruin that saccharine resolution.

I'm going back through and hunting down the episodes I missed the first time.

The End of the World

- Is this the furthest any Doctor has ever gone into the future?

- The Doctor dancing to "Tainted Love" for five seconds may be the greatest thing ever put to film. I must have re-watched that a dozen times.

Also

The Britney Spears song really shouldn't be here.