The TFG1 Podcast by DCAUFan1051

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
Why don't you try a "Dramatic reading" of one of the scenes from each episode as an intro?

Where you do impressions of the characters from one of the eisodes best scenes for thirty seconds.

Oh right, it's a horrible idea.....

But it's what I would do.....

Oh, I see.

my read throughs of the scripts are kinda like that suave... good idea

actually as I've state before take WFP and replace it with Transformers :D I'll have an audio clip before every episode I start to talk about. as I go through the the podcast episodes the beginning and ending themes will change to match each DVD set season theme. I will be reviewing all three movies TF 1986 TF2007 and TF2 when it comes out I have a writeup of the schedule of episodes but so far I'm only into the end of season 1 dvd set and beginning of season 2 so logically I'll be doing this for the better part of the next year and a half. :D

EDIT:

here's the artwork it's kinda rough but that's it

tfg1_pod.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051
I have to say, I like the artwork.

Good job.

thanks suave I think I'm going to be blaring some good music and writing more scripts up to give you and everyone else an idea of the outline of how each episode will go:

1st intro welcome to the TFG1 Podcast recorded (insert date)

theme music

2nd intro hi I'm etc etc

audio clip

episode review

my thoughts on ep

audio clip

episode review

my thoughts on ep

audio clip

episode review

my thoughts on ep

audio clip

episode review

my thoughts on ep

audio clip

episode review

my thoughts on ep

coming next episode

outro including ending theme

that's the basic format I'm off to lunch

Guest DCAUFan1051
Don't give dates as that.........dates your episode.

Why don't you give the episodes numbers, or titles like the major story being covered in each episode.

Well, I'm off to watch spider-man.

the way I have it written up is

Episode 1: Season 1 Part 1

Episode 2: Season 1 Part 2

Episode 3: Season 1 Part 3

Episode 4: Season 1 Recap

etc etc..............

Guest DCAUFan1051
From what you said i thought you meant it was going to be:

Episode 1 season 1: January 12th 2009 etc.

I see what you mean and I was going to do the following

Welcome to The TFG1 Podcast Recorded December 12, 2008 then the intro music and then my general chat/email segment etc etc

but I dunno we'll see with episodes to come it's a learning curve. just like James's tunnel mic in WFP episode 1 :D sorry james but that's the best point of reference :w00t:

Guest DCAUFan1051

just to give everyone fair warning this post will be extremely long it is my schedule of podcast episodes so everyone knows what I'll be talking about in each numbered episode of the podcast.

The TFG1 Podcast

Schedule Of Episodes:

Episode 1: Season 1 Part 1

More Than Meets The Eye Part 1

More Than Meets The Eye Part 2

More Than Meets The Eye Part 3

Transport To Oblivion

Roll For It

Episode 2: Season 1 Part 2

Divide And Conquer

Fire In The Sky

SOS Dinobots

Fire On The Mountain

War Of The Dinobots

Episode 3: Season 1 Part 3

The Ultimate Doom Part 1

The Ultimate Doom Part 2

The Ultimate Doom Part 3

Countdown To Extinction

A Plague Of Insecticons

Heavy Metal War

Episode 4: Season 1 Recap

This episode will be a recap on the first season of G1 with my thoughts on the overall success of the first season. As well as thoughts of where they could have improved.

Episode 5: Season 2 Part 1

Autobot Spike

Changing Gears

City Of Steel

Attack Of The Autobots

Traitor

Episode 6: Season 2 Part 2

The Immobilizer

The Autobot Run

Atlantis, Arise

Day Of The Machines

Enter The Nightbird

Episode 7: Season 2 Part 3

A Prime Problem

The Cure

The Insecticon Syndrome

Dinobot Island Part 1

Dinobot Island Part 2

Episode 8 Season 2 Part 4

The Master Builder

Auto Berserk

Microbots

Megatron’s Master Plan Part 1

Megatron’s Master Plan Part 2

Episode 9: Season 2 Part 5

Desertion Of The Dinobots Part 1

Desertion Of The Dinobots Part 2

Blaster Blues

A Decepticon Raider In King Arthur’s Court

The Golden Lagoon

Episode 10: Season 2 Part 6

The God Gambit

Make Tracks

Child’s Play

Quest For Survival

The Secret Of Omega Supreme

Episode 11: Season 2 Part 7

The Gambler

Kremzeek!

Sea Change

Triple Takeover

Prime Target

Episode 12: Season 2 Part 8

Auto-Bop

The Search For Alpha Trion

The Girl Who Loved Powerglide

Hoist Goes Hollywood

Episode 13: Season 2 Part 9

The Key To Vector Sigma Part 1

The Key To Vector Sigma Part 2

Aerial Assault

War Dawn

Trans-Europe Express

Episode 14: Season 2 Part 10

Cosmic Rust

Starscream’s Brigade

The Revenge Of Bruticus

Masquerade

B.O.T.

Episode 15 Season 2 Recap

Episode 16: Transformers The Movie (1986) With Possible Roundtable with other TF Fans

Episode 17: Season 3 Part 1

Five Faces Of Darkness Part 1

Five Faces Of Darkness Part 2

Five Faces Of Darkness Part 3

Five Faces Of Darkness Part 4

Five Faces Of Darkness Part 5

Episode 18: Season 3 Part 2

The Killing Jar

Chaos

Dark Awakening

Surprise Party

Madman’s Paradise

Episode 19: Season 3 Part 3

Webworld

Carnage In C-Minor

Forever Is A Long Time Coming

Fight Or Flee

Thief In The Night

Episode 20: Season 3 Part 4

Starscream’s Ghost

Ghost In The Machine

Dweller In The Depths

Nightmare Planet

The Ultimate Weapon

Episode 21: Season 3 Part 5

The Big Broadcast Of 2006

The Quintesson Journal

Only Human

Call Of The Primitives

Grimlock’s New Brain

Episode 22: Season 3 Part 6

Money Is Everything

The Face Of Nijika

The Burden Hardest To Bear

The Return Of Optimus Prime Part 1

The Return Of Optimus Prime Part 2

Episode 23: Season 3 Recap

Episode 24: Season 4

The Rebirth Part 1

The Rebirth Part 2

The Rebirth Part 3

WOW 24 episodes is all it will take to review the entire series holy shit..... I may throw a few roundtable episodes in after I finish the series review. Just so everyone knows this schedule is set this is the episode lineup I'll be reviewing. And yes I know there are some episodes that only have 4 cartoons to review I did that on purpose so I wouldn't split up the to be continued eps of the cartoon. This episode lineup is as it appears on the US released now out of print Rhino Transformers DVD sets. Also just because it says Episode 1: Season 1 Part 1 that is not going to be read on-air that's just my way of keeping track of each podcast ep.

Guest DCAUFan1051

my scripts have gotten slightly shorter as the episodes progress I think that's because right now I'm writing up a three part story arc of episodes so the story is broken up more but I'm powering through and getting it done.

Guest DCAUFan1051

the other night at about 2AM I sat down to record ads for my podcast and the beginning of episode 2 well I had to stop because I kept fucking yawning and it interrupted the flow of the record. MY question goes out to any of the E-2 Podcasters that might read this.........

what do you do when you have a yawning fit?

A. Let it pass and continue recording or......

B. Stop the record and come back to it?

I've even tried drinking tons of Diet Coke too keep myself awake and it's not even that I'm tired it's just I yawn all the damn time and I sleep good when I sleep so hell I dunno what's wrong with me.

I'm not a podcast host, but drinking Coke, diet or otherwise, won't help. It's not an instant shot of caffeine. It takes time to work through your system and when you want to sleep, you won't be able to because of all the caffeine, thus making you very tired the next day. My advice: Record during the day when you're more alert.

Yawning, coughing, sneezing, background noise, ringing phones and so much more will interrupt your recordings. There's really nothing you can do about it, except roll with the punches. Let the noise pass, and continue with the show. The great thing about podcasts is that they're not live, and therefore can be edited. So don't get too frustrated when something stops the flow of the show. Just take a deep breath, repeat the last few lines (if needed) and move forward.

You guys have no idea how many times I'll flub my speech and shout "goddammit" at the top of my lungs. Editing out those and all the "um"s usually take longer than the recording itself did.

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks to everyone for answering the question

as far as recording times well even though my job is a 24hr on call situation it seems that between midnight and 5am is the quietest time in the building that I live in so that gives me a chance to sit back and breathe and then go at it.

Just to update everyone Episode 1 will be released next Friday 12/12/08

I've recorded one segment for episode 2 and currently am writing up my notes etc for episode 3

I think this week I'm going to go through all the DVD's and get the audio clips I want from them and then go back and do the voicework after.

has anyone listened to the ad in the link I posted earlier in the thread? if you have tell me what you think. You guys and gals are the greatest.

As a voiceover "my god that guy can do a sexy voice when he wants to....." guy, I have a bit of advice for audio flubs.

Just roll with it.

If you know you can't edit out the fuck ups just laugh it off make a joke and try again.

This would only work for the first two times, anymore than that and you come across as annoing....annyuin.......some guy.

Guest DCAUFan1051
As a voiceover "my god that guy can do a sexy voice when he wants to....." guy, I have a bit of advice for audio flubs.

Just roll with it.

If you know you can't edit out the fuck ups just laugh it off make a joke and try again.

This would only work for the first two times, anymore than that and you come across as annoing....annyuin.......some guy.

thanks suave and it's annoying :D

I'm gonna warn everyone the first episode will be very RAW and not in the monday night live kinda way

Guest DCAUFan1051
So it will be slightly entertaining!

Up to date humour! Yes! Still got it.

has anyone listened to the ad in the link I posted earlier in the thread? if you have tell me what you think. You guys and gals are the greatest.

Could you post that link again?

Yes suave i will but it will be after I watch grosse point blank ....... If you can't wait that long it's on the 2nd page halfway down.

Ok, I just heard it,

For a first attempt it was good. However.

When I do my voice over things I play a song in the background as bed music, to stop dead air.

You had a little dead air their in your ad.

You could have the transformers theme playing in the background while you read the promo.

You also could have said what you said in half the time you did.

(I wonder if I've driven him to try and kill me yet? Oh wait, it comes naturally....people wanting to kil me.)

It was good, but as a guy who's never recorded a podcast and hates doing second takes, I didn't think it was that bad.

Do second takes, and edit out dead air. Short pauses are okay, because it gives you a moment to catch your breath and collect your thoughts, but trim down the longer ones. During the podcast, you can get away with a second or two. But in a promo, there should be no dead air.

Guest DCAUFan1051

suave I will be having the theme in the background in future ads the recording process is all still VERY new to me so I'm still learning

mike- yea I know dead air in ads is very bad I sent my editor three different ads and that's the one he chose.

to give everyone another update my podcast is being sponsored by another transformers fan and his website www.predaconempire.com he has his own Transformers News type podcast called All Things Transformers on the weeks that my podcast doesn't air I'll be having ads in his show for mine.

the theme music as stated before for the podcast will change as I get thru the season DVD sets.

it will also change in the ads I do.