The TFG1 Podcast by DCAUFan1051

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm currently listening to the upcoming episode 1 before it releases next week.... It's good....... It's weird hearing my own voice I don't like that too much. I think I know where I went wrong with the recording..... I'm going to record talking about the episodes as individual mp3 files then they will be edited together.

So please find The TFG1 Podcast next friday 12/12/08 on iTunes

there was one part in the episode 1 recording when I impersonate arnold as the terminator. :D

I have setup an email acct through google if anyone would like to write in please email: tfg1podcast@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone for their advice that they've given me. I'm trying my best

episode 2 will be released on Boxing Day Friday December 26th 2008

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'll be on All Things Transformers podcast today..... the guy that does that podcast is my sponsor for The TFG1 Podcast..... everyone should download episode 9 when it comes up on iTunes as I will be mentioning WFP and Earth-2.net considering WFP gave me the inspiration to do this.

I have listened to the final version of episode 1 of my podcast and even though it's weird hearing my own voice I hope everyone at least tries out the podcast. As I've stated before it's gonna be very RAW so please bare with me. If anyone on here wants to email me about the podcast that email address is: tfg1podcast@gmail.com

Again thanks to everyone who gave me advice hope to see tons of listeners out there this friday 12/12/08 when The TFG1 Podcast hits iTunes!!!!! :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

well it's four days away from the premiere episode. As you can tell from the link below there's a new ad up in iTunes for the podcast and YES SUAVE there is music behind it.

I was unable to record ATTF Episode 9 this past sunday my sponsor got that flu thing or whatever it is and was unable to record. But please lookup on iTunes All Things Transformers and download my ad

The TFG1 Podcast Ad on PredaconEmpire.com's iTunes Feed

well it's four days away from the premiere episode. As you can tell from the link below there's a new ad up in iTunes for the podcast and YES SUAVE there is music behind it.

Was that a dig at me?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing this even though I'm not a big transformers fan and haven't watched the show in over a decade.

Except the movie, which I made it about.............twenty minutes into.

You just don't kill optimus prime.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Was that a dig at me?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing this even though I'm not a big transformers fan and haven't watched the show in over a decade.

Except the movie, which I made it about.............twenty minutes into.

You just don't kill optimus prime.

yes that was a dig at you seeing as you said I should have music in the background............... and as far as Optimus goes he comes back!!!!! I'll be talking more about that in I think it's Episode 16 or 17 when I review the 1986 movie. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051

episode 1 even though it's not listed in the selection field in iTunes is available just hit the subscribe button and episode 1 will automatically download. I have no idea to get the artwork to download with each episode so again here's the artwork that you can add into your itunes library.

tfg1_pod.jpg

search for the TFG1 Podcast to find the show :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Mike, when I hit the subscribe button, it takes me to a podcast called Predacon Empire: All Things Transformers. There's an ad for your show, plus eight episodes of All Things Transformers, but that's it. There are no episodes of TFG1.

Mike- in the itunes search bar type in "the tfg1" without the quotes and the podcast shows up..... episode 1 is also showing up now

koete- thank you for the input I'm working my damndest to make episode 2 better. At the time when recorded episode 1 I had just bought the headset so I wasn't sure if the mic was going to pick up alot of the outside noises. Which it did not even though I heard them. Thank you everyone for listening to the podcast and I hope you continue to listen in..... in the future I hope to do 2 supplemental episodes interviewing Stan Bush and Vince DiCola the main singer and composer of the 1986 movie soundtrack but that's down the line.....

I'm putting the call out there to any earth-2.net forum members if you'd like to be a cohost with me please let me know.... the only requirement I have is that you must either own or have access to the US Transformers 1984 cartoon.

Feedback coming later, but here's a hint I give all podcasters: when saving your file as an mp3, make sure the Bit Rate is set to 64kbps. You have it at 128. Anything higher than 64 isn't needed, and makes the file size much larger than it needs to be. To change it for future episodes, open Audacity, open the Preferences menu, click the File Formats tab, at the bottom you'll see Bit Rate listed, change it to 64, click OK.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Feedback coming later, but here's a hint I give all podcasters: when saving your file as an mp3, make sure the Bit Rate is set to 64kbps. You have it at 128. Anything higher than 64 isn't needed, and makes the file size much larger than it needs to be. To change it for future episodes, open Audacity, open the Preferences menu, click the File Formats tab, at the bottom you'll see Bit Rate listed, change it to 64, click OK.

Thanks mike I thought I did that but I'll check it again :D

EDIT: I just checked and my bit rate is at 64 I dunno why it would show at 128 maybe it's the final version that my editor puts together that's 128 I'll pass the info onto him . Again thanks for the support on this everyone.

Starting out right now.

Going to keep editing this post with additions.

You sleep for sixteen hours a day!

I'm only a few minutes in and you pause a lot.

You don't really need to mention your not doing the news.

I couldn't hear the people walking by.

You should have stopped the recording and started back up where you left off.

This may just be me but do you have to give a detailed synopsis?

Why not just say "Autobots show up, it's the pilot and shit happens" and then talk through the episode.

Or have the episode playing in the background and you commentating on it?

Why was your phone on during the recording?

Have your phone away or if it goes off, scream shit into the mic, or what Des said about the clap(Someone else thrown in a joke) stop the recording and go back to the recording.

Are you reading right off a script?

It feels that way to me, I'm not being a dick when saying this, I'm just letting you know.

Also look at what I said about notes a few pages ago.

You seem really nervous.

This seems to me, like it is right off a script. Even the problems with animation.

Everything Koete said, I'm just agreeing with now.

I haven't seen the cartoon in years, or sometimes not at all, and your not really doing descriptions.

I would like to a description of what is going on and not just "This happens at this point"

You badmouth the first episode and then say overall it's good.

If your going to say that, back up your bad points with good points and more good than bad to justify it.

Start of epsiode two, you pause for no reason. Again with the phone.

You don't seem too interested in the shows.

You should have stopped recording when you got something in your eye.

I'm sorry DCAU but I'm just not enjoying this. I really am trying but you don't seem to entertained by what you are talking about, or are just following a script. You need a co-host before you make any more episodes.

If you had someone to bounce off this would work a lot better.

I've said this before, but when I do my talks too much videos, I have music in the background as bed music to stop the flow of dead air and their will always be something happening.

The synopsis should not be a beat by beat synopsis.

I've said it already but your intro for the first few episodes should be "Starscream gets a gun....he fights the autobots, he fucks up. End of episode." you then discuss it more in a more conversaional style with "And it was great when this happened?" or "But when they reached here, the animation looked fucking terrible" something like that. WFP, not speaking for Mike and James but they started with short synpopsis and slowly made it to the long epic descriptions we have now.

That's all I can think of right now.

So your not grading the episodes, but are going to badmouth them and then say they were good, but not really justify. Mike, you really need to fix that. Who gives a shit if your shit at math. Write down the number out of ten for the episode and then give a grade it deserves.

You should have wrote a note about the scores when you realised. Paused the recording, wrote down the scores, started back up and mentioned the scores at the end.

Guest DCAUFan1051

yes i am reading from script.... I'll be doing a better job in episode 2 I'll be taking everyone's opinion into consideration. And improving on every episode keep in mind I'm no Des/Mike/James/Ian/Dan I'm very knew to this and still working the kinks out. Please bare with me and hang in there.

I read from a script because not alot of people have these DVD's and can watch them so me giving full descriptions seemed the way to go. I know the noises cannot be heard but at the time I was unsure. And yes I'll not have my phone near the comp when recording.... All feeedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support

Listen to my guest spot on All Things Transformers Episode 10 I think Steve will have it up by tomorrow..... In the episode we ramble alot about different transformers items and I pimp out the earth-2.net forums and site a few times :D only because I spend the most time here then anywhere else.

Guest DCAUFan1051

suave the scores were mentioned because if I was to do a scoring system which I'm not also the 16hrs of sleep is throughout each 24hr day here and there not all at once lol

and as far as mentioning that I'm not doing news I was defining the podcast.

Just to update everyone I'm rewriting the podcast description tonight and recording more for episode 2 ALso each episode description will be written out more in the future eps.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Mike, just take one line notes to dexcribe a scene and describe as you go along, it will be a lot easier for you as you can feel more free talking and it will help the audience feel like your talking to them and not at them.

Suave sorry your in a bad situation there .......

Yes I took what you said into consideration as I said I'm taking all feedback into consideration and improving on the podcast episode 1 was the very first thing I have ever recorded to it isn't perfect

Episode 2 will be a little more refined as I recurr it throughout this week

Guest DCAUFan1051

I goofed up the interview with me on All Things Transformers Podcast is Episode 9 not 10.

Earth-2.net is mentioned as well as WFP :D please listen in to that episode

currently reworking episode 2 which will be released December 26th