The 3rd Annual Earth-2.net Mainpage Awards

James D.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best contributor is such a tough decision that I think I might do a 2006 Time magazine style co-out and vote for You, meaning the consumers of Earth-2 media, meaning me. I humbly accept my nomination, its an honor just to be seriously considered.

Kidding aside, I'm 80% done on this but the remaining categories are going to require some research.

Sorry it took me so long to post this list. Contributors, give this a look to make sure I didn't leave anything off.

The Big List, part one:

Contributors

James Deaux

drqshadow

DW

Adham Fisher

Tim Glancy

Preston Nelson

Desmond Reddick

Aaron Robinson

Jenny Seay

Michael David Sims

Dan Toland

Ian Wilson

:cry::shakehead::shocked:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait... I didn't miss this?

I'll send in my votes tonight. I actually went through and made some picks on the first day, but I wanted to listen to a few more podcasts first before I made my final decisions. Then I forgot about it.

Maybe it's worth making another front page headline saying that the ballots close this Friday. That might get at least a few more people to contribute. Might as well utilize Facebook and Myspace too.

I'm sending mine in a moment, but a quick suggestion- You can cut a lot of these categories. I know its not mandatory to vote for any of them but I'm not sure of the point of voting for best episode of a show like FYEO or BOTI, or even WFP. Earth-2 is diverse enough to merit it, but with the set subject matter and regular hosts of the other shows I'm not sure of the point of having categories with only one set of potential winners.

For the sake of expediency I've dropped the comic review category (too many to judge) and all the best moments. For individual podcasts I'm not sure of the point and for overall best moments my memory is just too sketchy to really pick out any one thing.

Yes all voting is optional but the current category listings are intimidating. Even a Earth-2 stalwart like me who listens to most of the podcasts regularly and reads the mainpage articles can feel a bit overwhelmed, and as a result its taken this long to submit my response. Why not limit the number of awards to a manageable amount, say 10-12 categories total. You'll get a much better response and the awards will mean more. Suggested list-

Best Podcast

Best Individual Episode

Best New Podcast/Audio Feature

Best Comic Review

Best Video Game Review

Best TV/Movie Review

Best Column

Best New Written Feature

Best Moment

Overall Contributor

New Contributor

• 2 weeks later...