Bettie Page "critically ill"

Missy

Model Bettie Page hospitalized after heart attack

LOS ANGELES – Bettie Page, one of the most notable models of the 20th century, is hospitalized in intensive care after suffering a heart attack in Los Angeles.

Mark Roesler, Page's agent and attorney, says Friday that the 85-year-old is "critically ill." He says she suffered a heart attack Tuesday and remains hospitalized.

He would not comment further on her condition.

Page is credited with helping set the stage for the sexual revolution of the rebellious 1960s. She attracted national attention with magazine photographs of her sensuous figure in bikinis and lingerie that were tacked up on walls in military barracks, garages and elsewhere.

I'm a huge fan of Bettie Page, so much so that there are two Bettie Page patches on my messenger bag. To me, she had the perfect body, a stunning look and a gorgeous gaze. Modern models all have that same vapid, clueless expression, but Bettie projected life, attitude and a real sexuality.

I really hope she pulls through, because the world will lose an icon when she passes.