The Next Metal Gear is...

Guest DCAUFan1051
They never said that. They said it was the end of Snake's story.

I don't think this is an MGS4 port, as much as I'd like it to be.

see I thought I saw or heard somewhere that kojima said it was the end of the MGS series and he would not be doing another one kinda like George Lucas is not doing Star Wars 7-9.

I wish I had a PS3 so I could play MGS4

a little bit :ot: does anyone know if PS3 plays the older games like PSOne and PS2??

They never said that. They said it was the end of Snake's story.

I don't think this is an MGS4 port, as much as I'd like it to be.

see I thought I saw or heard somewhere that kojima said it was the end of the MGS series and he would not be doing another one kinda like George Lucas is not doing Star Wars 7-9.

I wish I had a PS3 so I could play MGS4

a little bit :ot: does anyone know if PS3 plays the older games like PSOne and PS2??

Kojima says that every single game is his last one, so no one believes him with that anymore.

The backwards compatibility on the PS3 is... wonky. You'll need to buy an adaptor to get most of the old accessories to work, and as for software, it depends on what SKU you bought.

I'll try my best to explain.

If you have one of the original 20G or 60G systems that came out at launch, then it will play everything. It quite literally has an Emotion Engine in the hardware so there are very little compatibility problems. Of course, they don't make these anymore, so they can be quite hard to find now.

After that were the new versions of the 60G and 80G that took out the Emotion Engine and played PS2 games through emulation, which means a lot of them don't work.

All of the newer models, i.e. the ones they're still making, don't have compatibility at all.

So long story short, keep your PS2.

I couldn't finish MGS4. I like to play games, not watch 10,000 cut scenes. Not to mention the story and characters made no sense. When the smoking monkey showed up I knew I couldn't keep going.

Yeah, you're really not going to like it unless you've played the three previous.

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks for the info DW

I've played MGS On the PSOne MGS2 on the PS2 I tried Snake Eater but never liked it.

MGS4 lookas cool I dunno if it warrants me buying a PS3 just for that but for now I can wait.... I've got tons of other crap I haven't paid for yet. :D

Actually, they already confirmed that as a fake.

I really doubt this is an iPhone game considering all the green and the very clear 360 power ring.

And DCAU, MGS4 isn't going to make a lick of sense unless you've beaten MGS3, which is actually my favorite of the series.

• 2 weeks later...
At the Spike TV Video Game Awards this past weekend, we had a brief moment to speak with Hideo Kojima as he walked down the red carpet. Obviously, the big thing on our minds was the next Metal Gear game that he recently teased. Not surprisingly, he didn't reveal anything new at all, but he did say that it's just a matter of weeks until we find out what it is. Given the timing -- a few weeks happens to be around the start of the new year -- this could indicate some sort of exclusivity window has expired on Metal Gear Solid 4, meaning an Xbox 360 version could then be announced (which was one of the common assumptions from the tease, given that its letters were all green). Or, the timing has little significance and it just happens to be when he'll reveal a Metal Gear Game for iPhone or DSi (another common assumption thanks to the "i" in the tease message). Either way, we'll know soon enough.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171902

I like how you edited your post to make it look like you knew it wasn't about the soda thing all along <_<

At the Spike TV Video Game Awards this past weekend, we had a brief moment to speak with Hideo Kojima as he walked down the red carpet. Obviously, the big thing on our minds was the next Metal Gear game that he recently teased. Not surprisingly, he didn't reveal anything new at all, but he did say that it's just a matter of weeks until we find out what it is. Given the timing -- a few weeks happens to be around the start of the new year -- this could indicate some sort of exclusivity window has expired on Metal Gear Solid 4, meaning an Xbox 360 version could then be announced (which was one of the common assumptions from the tease, given that its letters were all green). Or, the timing has little significance and it just happens to be when he'll reveal a Metal Gear Game for iPhone or DSi (another common assumption thanks to the "i" in the tease message). Either way, we'll know soon enough.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171902

I like how you edited your post to make it look like you knew it wasn't about the soda thing all along <_<

Actually, I just didn't feel like double posting. I got fooled just like everyone else.

Guest DCAUFan1051
It's called Metal Gear Solid Touch and it's coming to the iPhone.

How anticlimactic.

while I love my iPhone this just will not fucking work there's no way. With the style of gameplay the MGS series is used to nuh uh no way no how I aint buyin it. I love MGS but the iPhone with some games is just not good for.

take the Crash Bandicoot racing game that's on there it's a great game cool graphics for a mobile device and everything but having to use the acelerometeor was too much. Because if you turned your iPhone too far your crash player would slam into a wall.

And DW when you said that if I hadn't played MGS3 I wouldn't get or like MGS4 I have to disagree MGS2: Sons Of Liberty had more to do with the Guns Of The Patriots then 3 did. I've seen stuff on TV giving retrospectives on the MGS Series in it's entirity and they say MGS3 even though it ties in slightly to the overall arcing storyline it was a completely different game.

And DW when you said that if I hadn't played MGS3 I wouldn't get or like MGS4 I have to disagree MGS2: Sons Of Liberty had more to do with the Guns Of The Patriots then 3 did. I've seen stuff on TV giving retrospectives on the MGS Series in it's entirity and they say MGS3 even though it ties in slightly to the overall arcing storyline it was a completely different game.

Gameplay is irrelevant. The fact is that 3 has a lot of information regarding Ocelot, Eva, Big Boss, and the Patriots that makes 4 a lot easier to understand. You don't HAVE to play it to like 4, but if you're following the story, it would help to at least read up on everything that went down in 3.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Gameplay is irrelevant. The fact is that 3 has a lot of information regarding Ocelot, Eva, Big Boss, and the Patriots that makes 4 a lot easier to understand. You don't HAVE to play it to like 4, but if you're following the story, it would help to at least read up on everything that went down in 3.

OHHH ok :D

I bought 3 once when I still had my PS2 and couldn't get used to the controls I could never get past that first jungle scene in the beginning.

• 3 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I got this and it's very lackluster so far it's basically aim and shoot thats it. Course I'm only on level 2 :D basically snake's be hind a wall and you have to aim at the bad guys and shoot them while trying not to get hit yourself. I'll probably say more later but so far it's thumbs down for me. I'd rather play iShoot :laugh: