Avatar: The Last Airbender live action movie

JackFetch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am much more inclined to see this after seeing all the trailers that have come out. I am a dedicated fan, so I was pretty much going to see it anyway, but the casting of white characters really upset me when it was announced. I wrote a pretty pissed off column about it, actually, deriding the casting and the film.

Now, however, I've relaxed quite a bit, and I'm anxious to see how they did.

I am much more inclined to see this after seeing all the trailers that have come out. I am a dedicated fan, so I was pretty much going to see it anyway, but the casting of white characters really upset me when it was announced. I wrote a pretty pissed off column about it, actually, deriding the casting and the film.

I would have been upset about that if not for the fact that the characters in the Avatar world aren't actually Asian anyway, being from a different planet and all that.

I would have been upset about that if not for the fact that the characters in the Avatar world aren't actually Asian anyway, being from a different planet and all that.

No, there's nothing Asian about the Avatar world at all. :rolleyes:

Well, not directly. Very heavily-inspired, culture-wise and everything, but that doesn't mean that the characters are biologically Asian. I mean, hey, to be technical, the Water Tribe characters look more Inuit, and Aang looks a bit closer to Caucasian than most anything else. (Same with the Fire Nation royal family)

Special effects in and of themselves are no draw to me unless they mean something, like in good superhero films. This looks similar, visually its a stunning representation of the powers shown in the show, I can't wait to see it come to life. M Night should have diversified a long time ago.