Sign in to follow this  
JackFetch

Avatar: The Last Airbender live action movie

Add water sprinklers for waterbending, vibrating chairs for earthbending, and flamethrowers for firebending, and you've got it all.

A paddle in the shape of a giant palm? It'll sell millions.

Make it a paddle in the shape of a boomerang, and we're in business.

Hot fucking damn I am stoked for this. Gonna be an awesome day, Canada Day is going to be as per usual off the charts and hopefully we can get a midnight screening of this to cap it off.

I am much more inclined to see this after seeing all the trailers that have come out. I am a dedicated fan, so I was pretty much going to see it anyway, but the casting of white characters really upset me when it was announced. I wrote a pretty pissed off column about it, actually, deriding the casting and the film.

Now, however, I've relaxed quite a bit, and I'm anxious to see how they did.

I am much more inclined to see this after seeing all the trailers that have come out. I am a dedicated fan, so I was pretty much going to see it anyway, but the casting of white characters really upset me when it was announced. I wrote a pretty pissed off column about it, actually, deriding the casting and the film.

I would have been upset about that if not for the fact that the characters in the Avatar world aren't actually Asian anyway, being from a different planet and all that.

I would have been upset about that if not for the fact that the characters in the Avatar world aren't actually Asian anyway, being from a different planet and all that.

No, there's nothing Asian about the Avatar world at all. :rolleyes:

Well, not directly. Very heavily-inspired, culture-wise and everything, but that doesn't mean that the characters are biologically Asian. I mean, hey, to be technical, the Water Tribe characters look more Inuit, and Aang looks a bit closer to Caucasian than most anything else. (Same with the Fire Nation royal family)

Aang, Katara, and Sokka look pretty close (especially when you can see them in full costume).

Zuko is definitely a visual departure, though. (and you can barely see his scar!)

Special effects in and of themselves are no draw to me unless they mean something, like in good superhero films. This looks similar, visually its a stunning representation of the powers shown in the show, I can't wait to see it come to life. M Night should have diversified a long time ago.

You can't be on all the tween's walls if you have a giant nasty scar covering a quarter of your face.

...show the other side of his face all the time?