JackFetch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Momo looks sweet too.

However the most important thing about this movie to me is who plays Iroh, the shows best character by far. I really hope that Shaun Toub is up to the task, because for me Iroh is the driving force behind Zuko, the one who makes him more than a one-dimensional villain.

Momo looks sweet too.

However the most important thing about this movie to me is who plays Iroh, the shows best character by far. I really hope that Shaun Toub is up to the task, because for me Iroh is the driving force behind Zuko, the one who makes him more than a one-dimensional villain.

Agreed, Iroh is the backbone of the whole story. And for my money there is no better story told in the whole series than his. Remember the "Tales of Bah Sing Say" episode? His piece - dedicated to Mako - was the best thing ever done on a show that was already incredible.

I don't see a problem with it as a warning against those who want to go and see it in 3D. It's an afterthought to the production and needed to be said.

What would be wrong with mentioning the IMAX parts of The Dark Knight in a review? If it's how it is being presented AND marketed, there's not a problem with it.

Every time I try to not like him, he goes and writes something as good as that. Great review. Try reading that and say he doesn't know his shit.

I'm not saying he doesn't know his shit, I'm saying his opinion isn't mine. His casting criticisms might be valid, but I've no problem with Shamalamadingdong taking the concept somewhat seriously.

He might well be right, but I'll see and decide for myself.

There's a big IN 3D!!!! in the title of the movie itself. I'd say evaluating the 3D is pretty legitimate if it's right in the title. Dunno about the rest of it, but I'm interested that he picked up on the casting hijinx. I'll probably go to see it in 2D, anyways.

Ebert hated the movie long before he ever saw it. He read a few blogs about the casting, decided that they were trustworthy, and has been basically campaigning nonstop about the "racism" in TLA.

Personally, I think this is an example of reverse-racism (where the audience is mentally projecting race onto the characters where none really existed before).

I'm about to see the movie at midnight tonight. I'll probably post my thoughts when I get home.