All Purpose Masters of the Universe thread

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

He-Man Makers Shut Down Division

according to the above linked story from TVShowsOnDVD BCI is being shutdown so the 1980's He-Man and She-Ra sets may soon be out of print as well as the 2002 mattel owned He-Man DVD sets get yours before they're gone

this is very sad.... damn this economy :grumble: :cry::sick:

I just need the She-Ra and 2002 He-Man Sets

with this shut down this cancels all upcoming releases BCI had planned

Guest DCAUFan1051
Someone will buy the rights and put out a new set. 80s properties are huge right now. No biggie unless you just have to have them right now.

well for last year's b-day I found the He-Man 80's sets at best buy for $20 each and I got them... love the mural the bindings show when you have them on a shelf.

As far as someone else grabbing up the rights I dunno these sets were released over the last 5-7 years so the content and commentaries on them from the creators and everything were fairly new. I still haven't found the She-Ra sets in one store at the same time... hopefully for my b-day this Feb I can get them and then maybe the 2002 He-Man.

But according to that article with BCI shutting down production will stop on all their DVD titles including ones that have been in print. Just like the Transformers G1 sets by Rhino are out of print and you'd have to pay between $300-$900 to get your hands on them. That's for all 5 box sets. so hopefully if I still have my job and I'm not homeless in a few months I'll be getting them.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Those GI Joe sets will be re released when the movie comes out. Anyone paying that much for them is an idiot.

well I guess I'm an idiot I paid #330.00 for my TFG1 DVD's on ebay :D but considering they're like 500 and up on amazon I did good lol

• 1 year later...
Guest TFG1Mike

She-Ra Complete Series DVD's are Coming !!!

I'm so glad I've waited on this series. Sure I have The Secret Of The Sword DVD and All 4 Volumes of He-Man, but I never got a chance to pick up the volume sets. Now I'm glad I didn't. I am not posting the pics from the article because it states that it may not be finalized art.

To Mike or any other Forum mod can this thread be renamed to: All Purpose Masters Of The Universe Thread?

I can't wait to see more on these. I can't believe it's been 25 years since She-Ra started.... so awesome.

• 3 months later...