Looney Tunes Back on TV!

Guest TFG1Mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

OMG OMG OMG

I just saw a commercial on Cartoon Network for a New Years Day Looney Tunes marathon!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!! It starts at 6AM Eastern on New Years Day

damn decisions decsions do I want to watch this or the Jetix Spider-Man 1994 marathon???? :D wooohooo

Guest DCAUFan1051
As awesome as this is, they will be edited down due to "objectionable material". <_<

most likely but there's always the Golden Collection DVD Sets but still I haven't seen the Looney Tunes on TV in a long time and it's a damn shame that the world seems to need censored version of them.

I will be gettting the Golden Collection DVD sets for my birthday in Feb!!!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
As awesome as this is, they will be edited down due to "objectionable material". <_<

Looney Tunes is offensive? Seriously, I have no idea what "objectionable material" might be a reference to.

I do remember one cartoon with Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd that cuts short the ending where bugs says do to the violent ending of this picture we are unable to show it then it fades out. And that was on TV. So they are edited.

I know I shouldn't have done this but I said the hell with waiting for my birthday and went a head and ordered the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD sets Volumes 1-6 ugh I'm sooo in debt now :D:shocked::doh:

Looney Tunes is offensive? Seriously, I have no idea what "objectionable material" might be a reference to.

At the time...no but some may not like things like....

0BugsBunny-330x240.jpg.

.....Which out of context of history is pretty bad but there are lots of other silly things about Looney Tunes parents don't like.

For some time Speedy Gonzales was pulled from Cartoon Network when somebody said he was a negative stereotype. After sometime he was allowed back when The League of United Latin American Citizens argued that Speedy a positive depiction of Mexicans and that no Mexicans had complained in the past. This lead to a line in Looney Tunes: Back in Action.

Porky Pig: First they tell me to lose the stutter, then they tell me I'm not funny! *sighs* It's a pain in the butt to be politically correct.

Speedy: Your telling me..

I also I recall a case, right here in Canada about how a woman wanted a Bugs Bunny cartoon pulled and an apology because Witch Hazel turned herself into a hot rabbit, Bugs got all over her, and walked off with her after turning to the camera and saying '"Ah sure, I know! But aren’t they all witches on the inside?'

http://www.cbsc.ca/english/decisions/1998/980203a.php

See? With those and the normal 'This is too violent' argument, people are REALLY up tight.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Looney Tunes is kinda like The Peanuts Strip and Tv Specials Charles Schultz even stated that he made the Peanuts strip and TV Shows for adults not kids.

Looney Tunes can kind of be viewed in that same vein it's meant for adult humor not kids even though it's a cartoon. Regardless of anything bad said about Looney Tunes and the characters I loved it and it's a classic show. Even though the Cartoon Network New Years Day marathon might be edited it's nice to see them back on TV.

Plus as I said before I ordered the DVD sets so I'm happy...... I'm unsure if the DVD sets would be the edited versions though... that would kinda suck but hey at least they'll be a part of my collection now. :D

• 1 year later...

Meh. Not to sound like a "They changed it, now it's terrible" person but meh. The thing I love about classic Looney Tunes is the animation. This is just CGI. That and the premise of the series (Bugs and Daffy are roommates and everyone is neighbors) is just too conventional. Part of the charm of the original cartoons is that you could transplant them anyplace and it worked. You didn't need to give them houses and roots. I'll withhold judgment until I see the series but this just seems like an attempt to cash in on recognition.