Dance Flick

December 11, 2009

The Lovely Bones

4th Quarter 2009

She's Out of My League

Shutter Island

Up in the Air

Paramount is going to have a huge year.

I don't see GI Joe being a hit. A lot of a films overall revenue these days is international and frankly that franchise means little to nothing outside US borders. Its annoying because I like a lot of the people involved but I fear this adaptation will be more Street Fighter than X-men.

I don't see GI Joe being a hit. A lot of a films overall revenue these days is international and frankly that franchise means little to nothing outside US borders. Its annoying because I like a lot of the people involved but I fear this adaptation will be more Street Fighter than X-men.

The movie is going to be huge. It was made to be big overseas as half of it takes place overseas with a multi-national team. This isn't a glorify USA movie like the cartoon was.

The movie is going to be huge. It was made to be big overseas as half of it takes place overseas with a multi-national team. This isn't a glorify USA movie like the cartoon was.

Right, but this isn't a franchise with an overseas fanbase to start with. Transformers yes, they were huge everywhere and have the hook of being giant robots. GI Joe isn't going to be huge just because its presented as a secret ops model UN.

Films like this count on nostalgia mixed with name recognition, and that absolutely isn't there beyond your borders.

See, despite whatever Nick Frost may say, Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2 were awful. Will Smith is much better than that, and Martin Lawerence should be doing his shitty, unfunny stand-up somewhere that I don't have to see.

Transformers had some great action, too many humans, but great action.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Bad Boys 2 was fun and mindless. Transformers was ass.

that's it....... of course YOU know this means war!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight: :D

I agree with Preston too many damn humans in the first TF live action but hopefully that'll be remedied in the second one :D