X-men 90's Animated Series

elnino14

Guest DCAUFan1051
They'll make more money this way.

that's true but it's still very frustrating and then again friggin Disney has the rights to the property so that sucks!!!!! They should either sell the rights or give them to marvel!!! that way we might get a decent release with all the cartoons.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
It's great that they're releasing DVDs, but season sets would be preferred.

Remember the Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS were released by Volumes, but they were Seasons.

while that's true it just seems wrong to me to have volume sets just call them by season like:

B:TAS Season 1 DVD Set etc etc etc

It just feels incomplete to me to have a show released under Season 1 Volume 1 etc etc Course Id vote for complete series sets on everything I like lol

Guest DCAUFan1051

I looked at the images of the sets that are on the tvshowsondvd article and even though artwork is subject to change the volume 2 set has cable on it so you'd think that some of the cable time traveling episodes would be on that set but ya never know.

Cable showed up as early as episode 7. So to me, it looks like season 1 (which is 13 episodes) is being split into two and sold on two volumes that retail together around $48. That's really fucking bullshit money making scheme right there.

I agree give us the whole show or disregarding that at least give us season sets.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Cable showed up as early as episode 7. So to me, it looks like season 1 (which is 13 episodes) is being split into two and sold on two volumes that retail together around $48. That's really fucking bullshit money making scheme right there.

I agree give us the whole show or disregarding that at least give us season sets.

try the uk amazon site elnino you could import them from there I think I saw them on there below is the link to a search I performed:

X-Men 1992 DVD's Season 1 Parts 1 & 2

try the uk amazon site elnino you could import them from there I think I saw them on there below is the link to a search I performed:

X-Men 1992 DVD's Season 1 Parts 1 & 2

I'm cool with my bootleg copy until they eventually release the entire box-set with all episodes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

YES!!!! TVShowsOnDVD.com has a news item about the episode lists for the Volume 1 & 2 Disney DVD sets of X-Men 1992

here are the episode lists:

Volume 1

Disc 1:

Night Of The Sentinels (Part 1)

Night Of The Sentinels (Part 2)

Enter Magneto

Deadly Reunions

Captive Hearts

Cold Vengence

Slave Island

The Unstoppable Juggernaut

Disc 2:

The Cure

Come The Apocalypse

Days Of Futures Past (Part 1)

Days Of Futures Past (Part 2)

The Final Decision

Til Death Do Us Part (Part 1)

Til Death Do Us Part (Part 2)

Whatever It Takes

Volume 2

Disc 1:

Red Dawn

Repo Man

X-Ternally Yours

Time Fugitives (Part 1)

Time Fugitives (Part 2)

A Rogue's Tale

Beauty & The Beast

Mojo Vision

Disc 2:

Reunion (Part 1)

Reunion (Part 2)

Out Of The Past (Part 1)

Out Of The Past (Part 2)

The Phoenix Saga (Part 1) Sacrifice

The Phoenix Saga (Part 2) The Dark Shroud

The Phoenix Saga (Part 3) Cry Of The Banshee

The Phoenix Saga (Part 4) The Starjammers

The Phoenix Saga (Part 5) Child Of Light

the above is from: More X-Citing X-Men Details

THIS IS WAY COOL!!

I'm not sure if these are in airdate or production date order but I'm super excited to see these have a US DVD release :D Especially the 2 parters loved those!!!!

Guest DCAUFan1051
Those are the order in which they aired and likely production, too, since each episode was a continuation of the previous one. At least for the first two seasons, anyway.

oh ok cool I just wasn't sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I just saw on TV the 2 parter Time Fugitives..... in the second part Jean reads Cable's mind and she discovers something about him that is not said what. However she tells Scott that he is the key to their future....... OK question: is this pointing to the fact that Cable is Scott and Jean's Son? And if so is this storyline in any of the comics? I know that some of the X-Men 1992 episodes were taken from the comics I just don't know which ones.... can anyone help?

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm not going to give a full review like elnino but I thought I'd give my thoughts on X-Men 1992. As I've recently bought the first season on iTunes. Of Course it's only 11 of the 13 episodes. I have no idea why there are 2 episodes missing. First off I've always liked this cartoon, secondly the voice cast was excellent for the characters. Especially Cathal J. Dodd as Wolverine/Logan I think he really keyed into the character's rage and sadness. When I say sadness I'm referring to the episodes with Lady Deathstrike. Currently I've finished watching the first 2 episodes and I think the animation was solid and really good. Here's the iTunes Art for the X-Men:

X-Men1992.jpg

Mike, can you please tone down with the constant posting of iTunes art/DVD box set pics/CD album cover pics? Some of us (re: me) don't have great connections and it practically kills my ability to read/moderate threads until they all load. And besides, we all know what the X-Men logo looks like. It isn't necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

X-Men News

the article states that fans weren't happy with the volume 2 art so they changed it... I gotta say I wasn't to thrilled with it either, but here's the new art. I'm so glad these are finally being released on DVD.

X-MenVolume1NEW.jpg

X-MenVolume2NEW.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051
the new art looks much better, much more stylized.

With 18 episodes per volume, the total amount of volumes should be around 5 volumes. I'm still waiting for the box set for all the episodes at once, my bootlegs will suffice until then I think.

For a long time I've been against "volume" sets because I think shows should be released all together in 1 season set or a "complete series" set. While the X-Men volumes are basically combining the first three seasons I think, I'm unsure of that. However with the episodes listed it looks like a majority of the cartoon's run in 2 volumes. While I'm not opposed to that, why I hate volume releases is because sometimes stuff gets left out or the creators will only include certain episodes. Apparently they are doing the right thing with these releases thank god.

• 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
Just looked at the menus. I don't now what makes me happier: Jean being featured in multiple menu pictures or that Wolverine and and Gambit are in there once. Either way, so buying this next Tuesday.

I think they featured all the X-Cast except Jubile i'm not sure but yeah it looks awesome... I'll haveta get them on Friday though. What's shocking to me is the lack of bonus features menus other then the damn previews

Just looked at the menus. I don't now what makes me happier: Jean being featured in multiple menu pictures or that Wolverine and and Gambit are in there once. Either way, so buying this next Tuesday.

I think they featured all the X-Cast except Jubile i'm not sure but yeah it looks awesome... I'll haveta get them on Friday though. What's shocking to me is the lack of bonus features menus other then the damn previews

I was thinking that myself but then I thought to myself, "Be thankful Disney is giving us the series at all."