Anime Weekend Atlanta X

James D.

Three of my favorite days of the year are almost here. Hell, I bought my registration for this year's convention in December. I can't wait! I'll let you anime fans here know about all the cool shit I buy in the dealer's room, and watch in the video rooms this weekend. Hopefully, I'll win the Super Smash Bros. Melee tourney this year...

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I never get tired of seeing hot girls dressed up in skimpy anime costumes. :evil:

I played Smash Bros. for like 4 hours today. Also, there was an AWESOME game called Melty Blood that I played on the game room PC. Seriously, this 2-D fighter is MARVELOUS. Unfortunately, it's only available in Japan. :cry:

Bought: Initial D shirt, convention shirt, Darkstalkers' DVD.

Tomorrow, I will make my decision on what awesome weapon I'm going to buy in the Dealer's Room. When I get it, I'll take a picture of it and post it here. Trust me, it's BAD. ASS.

Bought: Initial D shirt, convention shirt, Darkstalkers' DVD.

Which DVD, I ask because I am a big Darkstalkers fan.

The Night Warriors: Darsktalkers' Revenge Alpha version. It has episodes 1 and 2 of the 4-part anime series that kicked so much ass. The main reason I bought it is because I plan on making an anime music video with clips from those 4 episodes.

Anyway, today was alright. I entered two video game tourneys...and got thoroughly owned 3 times. No, not 2...THREE. I got destroyed in the PRELIMINARIES of the Smash Bros. Melee tournament and in the Melty Blood React tourney (that's a Japanese 2-D fighter), I won the first round, but got stomped in the second round and the loser's bracket. I was so pissed off. Just to paint a picture of how badly I was beaten in the MBR tourney, I played 13 total rounds in the two matches that I lost--I won ONE of those 13 rounds. God, it was pathetic.

I didn't buy a blade today, but maybe tomorrow. Two dealers have these claw things called the Pantera. It's like a pair of brass knucks with Wolverine claws grafted on them. It's SO FUCKING AWESOME. If I can find a picture of it, I'll post it here.

Tomorrow is the final day, and once again, I get sad that AWA has come and gone. :cry:

I didn't buy a blade today, but maybe tomorrow. Two dealers have these claw things called the Pantera. It's like a pair of brass knucks with Wolverine claws grafted on them. It's SO FUCKING AWESOME. If I can find a picture of it, I'll post it here.

Is it anything like this.

I mean, it's probably more fantastic and stylized than that one, since that one seems to be marketed towards hunters and would-be counter-terrorists, but you get the idea.

I didn't buy a blade today, but maybe tomorrow.  Two dealers have these claw things called the Pantera.  It's like a pair of brass knucks with Wolverine claws grafted on them.  It's SO FUCKING AWESOME.  If I can find a picture of it, I'll post it here.

Hell yeah! I saw those at WWC and nearly bought a pair myself.