Comics list

Stavros

I'm interested to know what other people are buying right now, what they get issue by issue and what they get in trade. I've been going over my list of comics cutting the fat and I've narrowing it down to the following books per month-

DC

Must haves-

Green Lantern

Detective

Batman

JSA

Probationary, minis or ending soon-

Robin (until change next issue)

Green Lantern Corps (dependent on how significant it is)

Secret Six (until end of story)

Manhunter (until cancellation)

Final Crisis (mini)

Marvel

Must haves-

Captain America

Daredevil

Ultimate Spider-man

Thor

Probationary, minis or ending soon-

Wolverine (until this story ends)

Incredible Hercules (until this story ends next issue)

Deadpool (last issue this week)

Must haves-

Invincible

Walking Dead

Dark Horse

Buffy Season 8

I'll cut Incognito, Hellboy and BPRD back to trades to join Criminal, Fables and 100 Bullets. All these books benefit from the trade format.

That's a mere ten-eleven regular books per month by March. I'm going to try and maintain that sort of figure, allowing for the odd special that is directly related to these series (except all the Thor ones). By quitting Marvel's Dark Reign stuff and anything with Avengers written on it I'm saving myself an awful lot of cash and bother, and I suspect that post SI I'm not the only one.

Well lets see:

Must haves:

Batman.

Detective comics.

Ending:

Birds of Prey(I'm really late to this, and it's ending which is a shame as I really enjoyed the storyline with the joker and it is really a great comic)

Nightwing(Until it ends as I enjoyed the great leap, looking back, I don't know why I enjoyed it.)

Robin(Until it ends.)

Final crisis(Even after all the shit I said, I already have five issues, and countdown so I need to finish off the other two.)

I am not going to get any more of the punisher comics and continue with just reading trades of it, as that first issue was $3.99 and so short and was padded out with history of the punisher in the comics, which was nice, but I would have preferred more story.

Also come March, I will be getting the minis that tie in to who the next batman will be.

So after lets say May, all I'll be picking up month by month are batman and detective. With the one off punisher trades every month or so.

I only get one two comics monthly:

Buffy Season 8.

and

Angel season 6.

But I get more in trade:

Criminal

Daredevil

X-Factor

Thunderbolts

Astonishing X-men (which I'm stopping because I just received Whedon's second volume).

I'm interested in a ton of books though and I'm searching E-bay for giant lots of TPBs in order to get the whole series (or most of it, if it's not finished yet), it's how I picked up Preacher and Sandman very cost effective.:

Y the Last Man

Transmetropolitan

The Walking Dead

100 Bullets

Ex Machina

I only get one two comics monthly:

Buffy Season 8.

and

Angel season 6.

But I get more in trade:

Criminal

Daredevil

X-Factor

Thunderbolts

Astonishing X-men (which I'm stopping because I just received Whedon's second volume).

I'm interested in a ton of books though and I'm searching E-bay for giant lots of TPBs in order to get the whole series (or most of it, if it's not finished yet), it's how I picked up Preacher and Sandman very cost effective.:

Y the Last Man

Transmetropolitan

The Walking Dead

100 Bullets

Ex Machina

Let me know if you are interested in Fables.

Let me know if you are interested in Fables.

I read about two or three story arcs to, and after that I decided I didn't like it.

Sorry Dread.

On another note, anybody Recommend any good Deadpool trades. I was eying the arc in Wolverine: Origins, the last arc in Cable and Deadpool, and the first trade of the new Deadpool series.

Dark Horse

The Goon

DC

Batman

Green Lantern

Justice Society of America (Dropping after #26)

Astounding Wolf-Man

Marvel

Captain America (Dropping after #50)

Nova

Guardians of The Galaxy

X-Force (Onboard as long as Clayton Crain is)

Incognito

Kick Ass

Trades

Criminal

The Question

Hardcovers

Walking Dead

Monthlies

Robin (Only because I have a complete run.)

What If? (When they release specials.)

Trades / Hardcovers

Ultimate Spider-Man

Daredevil

The Walking Dead

New Avengers (Secret Invasion really turned me off of New Avengers, but I'll give it one or two post-SI storylines to see if it redeems itself.)

Mighty Avengers (I'll give Dan Slott's first trade a chance. If it's no good, I'm done with this series.)

Captain America

Criminal

Scalped

Invincible Ultimate Collections