Shows that had messed up cancellations

annericelover

Hey guys, after hearing the news that My Own Worse Enemy was canceled, even though it was an awesome series, I started to remember all the other shows that were good or had potential and were given messed up cancellation. So come here and post the show you remember being canceled before its time and rant about it.

Tru Calling

Birds of Prey(it did however get a decent finale)

Angel(it got a decent finale)

Married With Children(although there are rumors they will do a TV movie)

Las Vegas(they might do a TV Movie)

The Flash(had a good Season 1 type ending, but never came back)

Friday the 13th: The Series(even the Producers said the ratings were high as hell)

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys(damn Studio USA/Universal for that)

Dangerous Minds(I actually enjoyed this and thought it had a good chance)

Boston Public(I just found out about)

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman(they ended on a cliffhanger and ABC at the last minute axed it)

Guest DCAUFan1051
Tru Calling

Birds of Prey(it did however get a decent finale) And A Good DVD Release

Angel(it got a decent finale) Joss Whedon said that the WB wasn't interested in renewing the series So they ended it with Angel fighting the good fight. I loved this show and think it ended well.

Las Vegas(they might do a TV Movie) YEAH they royally fucked Vegas over

Boston Public(I just found out about)

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman(they ended on a cliffhanger and ABC at the last minute axed it) recently I got all 4 seasons of L&C on DVD haven't gotten to the end of the series though but I do remember seeing the finale episode and a baby I believe was dropped off on their doorstep. Which would go back to the Brodie Bruce Mallrats argument of Lois Lane not being able to carry Superman's baby. See Mallrats for what I'm talking about I'm not gonna repeat it here

Batman: The Animated Series(Gotham Knight) yes they could've gave B:TAS a better sendoff.

Superman; The Animated Series..... are u nuts? Legacy was a great way to end that series

{YES I KNOW WE GOT JL AND JLU, BUT THESE TWO DCAU SERIES ENDED WRONG}

Fastlane as I said in the MOWE Thread it got a great cliffhanger ending but Fox never picked it up again.

Spider-Man 1994 yea I know it's a cartoon but seeing him go off with madam webb to find MJ is a little cryptic.

Attention Jack: have you watched the Series Finale of The Shield yet? I wanna discuss it but don't want to spoil anything for ya

The Shield wasn't really fucked over it was a great closeout to the best cop show on cable but I truly believe what happens to vic is fucked up.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Legacy was a great episode, but if it wasn't for the "Superman regaining the trust of the world" continuing in Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited we all would have felt empty and unresolved.

ok I see your point but in the Justice League Season 1 premiere I never saw anything dealing with the world having to regain his trust............ they make mention of it but nothing to really phyiscally tie in

I just remembered Six feet under.

true I got into just last summer, but this show was awesome and extremely well written. It had humour, tradgedy and characters you could care about.

I think they tied things up well in the fifth season but this show was so awesome. I mean the episode in season 4 were

David's car was jacked and he was held hostage

was the only time a tv show literally had me on the edge of my seat. Yoda, when you get to that episode, tell me what you think as I fucking loved it. It was so terryfing yet brilliant to me.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Angel ended one season too soon.

Tru Calling and Firefly never got it's fair chance. I'm actually really worried about Dollhouse.

I disagree with the Angel comment I think it went out on a good note........ Dollhouse has that even premiered yet?

Seconded. Reading Angel: After the Fall has me really intrigued for what they could've done.

And no, Dollhouse isn't out yet, but the odds are Fox is going to fuck it over. As I understand it, they've already had to reshoot the pilot at least once, and it's getting shoved in a shit timeslot again.

Joss Whedon has even said that the writers had to go through rushed rewrites because the WB canceled Angel so quickly. While the last season was good Joss said he had more stories to tell(he has a Season 6 Comic Book series).

For some reason Eliza Dushku keeps aligning herself with FOX and FOX keeps shitting on her. I know that its a Joss Whedon show and the premise is freaking awesome(I can't wait to see it), but twice already FOX has axed a TV Show she was in(one didn't even get picked up). I think they have it in for her.

Dollhouse better get a fair chance, it has a great premise, Joss Whedon is an awesome writer and Dushku is a good actress, there's no reason the series should fall short(except with little advertising and nothing else good on FOX for us to even see the advertisements)

I swear I don't even watch TV anymore because NBC, WB(now CW)and FOX keep getting me into these great shows and than taking them away. Pretty soon the TV on DVD market will have more sales than the networks themselves.

Oh and another show is Bionic Woman(I found it interesting, but the point in time it was on and the little advertising it got spelled cancellation)

For some reason Eliza Dushku keeps aligning herself with FOX and FOX keeps shitting on her. I know that its a Joss Whedon show and the premise is freaking awesome(I can't wait to see it), but twice already FOX has axed a TV Show she was in(one didn't even get picked up). I think they have it in for her.

She has a contract with Fox where they are supposed to develop projects for her to star in. She went to Joss to ask him to create Dollhouse as a contract-required project.

She has a contract with Fox where they are supposed to develop projects for her to star in. She went to Joss to ask him to create Dollhouse as a contract-required project.

Oh ok, I figured it was something like that, cause I like to think she's smarter than that(although, she was in The New Guy, lol). How do I help bring the ratings up, do I have to call up the station or a number, leave my TV on the channel. I will be DVR'ing the new series, but I want to be able to say I at least was part of the high or low ratings

Oh ok, I figured it was something like that, cause I like to think she's smarter than that(although, she was in The New Guy, lol). How do I help bring the ratings up, do I have to call up the station or a number, leave my TV on the channel. I will be DVR'ing the new series, but I want to be able to say I at least was part of the high or low ratings

In the US you have to be a Nielson family with a set box that records what you are viewing and sends that information off. See here.