Ghost Rider 2

annericelover

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first one would have been great if the kid that played young Johnny stayed in the role for the rest of the movie. Cage's performance was beyond horrible. I really don't understand how he became such a big star.

To paraphase Des: "What's the fucking appeal of Nicholas Cage?"

Cage is a great actor, he's played several type of roles. While I admit Ghost Rider wasn't his best, you have to admit the roles he's played(Face/Off, Con Air, etc)he did some good performances.

Him being Coppola's son(I believe that's his relation)doesn't mean anything. Talia Shire had a great career just from Rocky alone. Sophia Coppola sucks as an actress, so your not immune to being related to the director of The Godfather trilogy. Besides the fact he chose to be called Cage because he wanted to make it himself, not because his relatives popularity.

Cage is a great actor, he's played several type of roles. While I admit Ghost Rider wasn't his best, you have to admit the roles he's played(Face/Off, Con Air, etc)he did some good performances.

face/Off was Travoltas time to shine, Cage was just plodding along, in my eye, Travolta stole the show and Cage didn't even try to compare, which is what he usually does, stay stoned throughout the movie.

I hate to rag on Cage. He's one of us. I mean the whole 'Cage' thing is a stage name after Marvel's Power Man. And he named his son Kal-El, for crying out loud.

But, being one of us doesn't make him a good actor, he's been good in things, but he needs a good script and good director. (See Cohen, Ethan and Joel)

• 7 months later...
Columbia Pictures has begun to rev the throttle on a second installment of the Marvel Comics character “Ghost Rider.”

David Goyer is in early talks to create the story and supervise writers for a film expected to once again star Nicolas Cage, who played the highly flammable cyclist in the 2007 original.

Through a spokesperson, Goyer said he hadn’t signed on yet. But plans are already under way to base the sequel on a “Ghost Rider” script written years ago by Goyer, whose superhero work includes hit screen transfers of DC’s “Batman Begins” and Marvel’s “Blade” franchise. The original “Ghost Rider” was scripted by director Mark Steven Johnson.

“Ghost Rider” will be produced by former Marvel topper Avi Arad, Michael De Luca and Steven Paul, with Gary Foster executive producer.

The activity on “Ghost Rider” follows a flurry of activity on Marvel characters at almost every studio but Disney, which acquired Marvel Entertainment in a $4 billion deal.

http://weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2009/09/ghost-rider-latest-marvel-movie-to-rev.html

• 7 months later...
How badly does Columbia need to get the motor running on its Ghost Rider sequel? So badly that if Nicolas Cage can't commit to making it this year, they may have to make it without him. Insiders confirm to Vulture that Columbia is facing a ticking clock on the rights to the BBQ-skulled Marvel Comics character: Legally, if the studio isn't in production on a sequel by November 14, 2010, the franchise automatically reverts to Marvel — which means the comic company's new owner, Disney.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/04/ghost_rider_sequel_nicolas_cag.html

• 1 month later...
Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, the writer/director pair behind both Crank films are in talks to direct Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Heat Vision is reporting.

The film, the sequel to the 2007 Ghost Rider would most likely see Nicolas Cage returning as Johnny Blaze with a story by David Goyer.

For legal reasons, Columbia needs to begin shooting the sequel or risk losing the rights. Though there was some thought that that might preclude Cage from returning due to his National Treasure 3 commitments, director Jon Turteltaub recently told ComingSoon that he believed both projects would happen.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/102558-neveldine-and-taylor-on-ghost-rider-sequel-

I think the first one would have been great if the kid that played young Johnny stayed in the role for the rest of the movie. Cage's performance was beyond horrible. I really don't understand how he became such a big star.

To paraphase Des: "What's the fucking appeal of Nicholas Cage?"

Did I ever say that?

To be honest, Cage has done some brilliance: Bringing Out the Dead, Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Adaptation. All brilliant performances. But he hasn't been in a movie I would consider good since 2002. For the record that was 23 movies ago.

Kickass. Other than Kickass.