Ghost Rider 2

annericelover

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this awful worry of seeing Ghost Rider again. Mostly because I'll have to downgrade a CR rating, but also because I could spend that 90 minutes of life doing more productive things. That said, I think Cage was one of the better things about that film and if the guys behind the somewhat awesome Crank are doing the sequel, I could certainly get behind that.

• 5 weeks later...
Nicolas Cage will return for a Ghost Rider sequel helmed by Neveldine/Taylor, the actor confirmed tonight on "The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson."

"There's gonna be a new one," Cage told Ferguson after the host presented him with a model of a flaming skull, "I just made the deal today."

He also confirmed the recent rumor that Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Crank, Gamer) will direct the film, still rumored to be called Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/104093-neveldine-and-taylor-confirmed-for-ghost-rider-2

• 1 month later...
Romanian news site Hot News (via Screen Rant) is reporting that filmmakers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor will be ready to start shooting Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, once again starring Nicolas Cage, beginning this fall in Romania, and it will be the first movie shot there in 3D. The site says that it's the country's first major Hollywood production since the late Anthony Minghella's Cold Mountain in 2002, but in fact, Fox Walden's The Seeker: The Dark is Rising was shot there as well.

No release date has been set yet for Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance but having some sort of gameplan for when and where to shoot is a good start.

Incidentally, this plan was confirmed on Neveldine/Taylor's Twitter account a few days ago:

"in 12 days we get on a plane for eastern europe and you can kiss our asses goodbye til february 2011"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/106153-ghost-rider-2-to-shoot-in-romania-this-fall

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Against all odds, this thing is filming right now. The plot below:

The Ghost Rider sequel is reportedly set several years after the first film and finds Johnny Blaze in self-imposed exile from the world. Blaze has become a tormented soul, convinced that his powers are a curse – which makes him completely different from every other superhero ever conceived (*cough, cough*). Former stuntman Blaze is then approached by Moreau, a member of the monastic order of Michael, the warrior angel. Moreau seeks a protector for a mother and son duo (Nadva and Dannv, respectively) who are being pursued by a figure named Roarke – a fellow with a detailed knowledge of the Ghost Rider and his “… different identities over the centuries.”

source

• 3 months later...
While promoting his new film, Drive Angry, Nicolas Cage dropped an interesting plot detail about the currently-in-production Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. The actor told Fearnet that the film offers him the chance to play the Ghost Rider demon separate from Johnny Blaze.

"There's an exorcism scene I just did where Johnny Blaze is being exorcized," says Cage, "And then I also play Ghost Rider, who's the spirit of Zarathos, who's a corrupted angel. So it's like completely different entities. The movie is not like anything I've done before."

The sequel, which is now in production, is being shot in 3D for a February 17, 2012 release. In addition to cage, it stars Ciaran Hinds, Violante Placido, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth and featured the writing and directing team of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/127173-nicolas-cage-will-play-dual-roles-in-ghost-rider-spirit-of-vengeance

• 2 weeks later...
Johnny Whitworth, who stars in this week's Limitless, has confirmed in an interview with AMC Theatres that he'll be playing Blackout in the upcoming Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Introduced into the Marvel Universe in the early '90s, Blackout was a thug for hire who, after being scorched by Ghost Rider's hellfire, gained demonic powers and sought vengeance against the antihero (at that time Daniel Ketch, brother to Johnny Blaze).

While Whitworth has been confirmed for the film since late last year, it was not known that he'd be playing a character from the comics.

"I play the villain who, at the beginning, up until like page 70, is human," explains Whitworth, "I'm not a very nice guy. I'm bad. I get turned into, for those who read 'Ghost Rider', the character Blackout. I get turned into him by the devil to complete my job. That gives me the fortitude to fight Ghost Rider and the supernatural abilities to compete on some level with that guy."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75341#ixzz1GnpCnpdZ

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...