10 Things I hate About You the tv series

JackFetch

Based on the feature of the same name, "10 Things I Hate About You" is a single-camera comedy about the Stratford sisters -- the strong-willed Kat (Lindsey Shaw) and social butterfly Bianca (Meaghan Jette Martin).

I'm guessing you all know why I think they are making this. <_<

On a side note, with Kyle XY gone and this, perfect 10, and Secret Life of an American Teenager, ABC Family should change it's name to ABC Teen Girls.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Based on the feature of the same name, "10 Things I Hate About You" is a single-camera comedy about the Stratford sisters -- the strong-willed Kat (Lindsey Shaw) and social butterfly Bianca (Meaghan Jette Martin).

I'm guessing you all know why I think they are making this. <_<

On a side note, with Kyle XY gone and this, perfect 10, and Secret Life of an American Teenager, ABC Family should change it's name to ABC Teen Girls.

this is the worst fucking idea ever!! they're insulting the movie which was excellent I'm so pissed at studios that do crap like this. :fight: :grumble: :sick:

Guest DCAUFan1051
Well, better than remaking a TV show from 20 years ago.

lets see there were plenty of shows 20 years ago that have been remade:

BSG

Doctor Who etc etc

but I know you were taking a shot at Knight Rider :laugh:

as far as this TV series the only reason why I'm adamantly against it is because the actors/actresses that played in the movie are the ones who own those roles in my opinion. And besides if they recreate the Patrick Verona character it's like shitting on a dead man's grave. 10 Things the movie was Ledger's first big American role. Yeah most people probably don't like the movie itself but hell it is better then having all these goddamn Spoof Comedies, Date Movie, Scary Movie Series, Not Another Teen Movie. UGH while I respect those movies for their comedy why not just come up with something original? And before I'm given flack yes I know 10 Things was a modern telling of Shakespeare's Taming Of The Shrew but it was a good modern look at it. And in my mind even though the movie is only 10 years old it's a classic teen comedy. Just like Breakfast Club, and the movies of the 80's.

Most of the people from the original roles are either not going to be interested in a TV remake of a movie from their earlier career, or are dead.

Honestly, I think there's a chance for a new generation of actors to do a decent job with these roles, but only if the actual plot is going to be even remotely like the original movie (and odds are it's not).

Guest DCAUFan1051
...Actors do not own roles. As a matter of fact, they barely care about them once they've moved on... which is generally why they move on the first place.

first off I said that it was my opinion........secondly your wrong about actors barely caring about the roles they play. Some don't care I'll give you that but not ALL of them.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

just saw a DVD release news item about this over at TVShowsOnDVD

I think that the only good thing about this spin off is that they retained Larry Miller as the father. Yes I understand the actors that were in the film are probably too expensive to be doing a TV version of it, and unfortunately with the passing of Heath the Patrick Verona role would be recast. However I just can't seem to bring myself to watch this. If I want 10 Things I Hate About You i'll watch the movie.