James D.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, that was pretty much the best night I've had since C2E2. Got to spend a great happy hour getting quite drunk and hanging with folks I haven't seen in a good long while, then got to go and have some food covered by an older person who remembers being superpoor and in college, and then got to go get even more drunk and stay up till 4 in the morning with good people.

In my current state of unemployment, I sort of offered my services as a video game/computer repair person for a few people.

Long story short, I basically got a free PS3 out of the deal. All I had to do was repair it.

I took my PS3 in to a fix shop and they said it was beyond repair. It only works now if I cool it in the fridge for 15 minutes or so before turning it on.... You ever saved them when they are at that point?

Have you tried replacing the hard drive?

I took my PS3 in to a fix shop and they said it was beyond repair. It only works now if I cool it in the fridge for 15 minutes or so before turning it on.... You ever saved them when they are at that point?

Have you tried replacing the hard drive?

It's a YLD problem. It is a new hard drive in it, you're saying I should try another one just in case? I hadn't read any YLD HDD related issues?

The freezer solution is generally something that's done for corrupted hard drives.

If it's an overheating issue, it could be the hard drive or the hardware itself. If a different hard drive doesn't work, then it means some components inside have probably melted or come loose. Not hard to fix if you know how to solder.

Unfortunately, the yellow light could mean any of a half dozen things.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a milestone day for me. My very first baseball article I submitted to the Yahoo! Contributor Network was published and I don't even think it was edited (which, I hope means they loved it so much that they just decided to greenlight it.) This is such an awesome feeling. I don't know if this will ever lead to bigger and better opportunities or whatnot, but the fact that someone decided that my stuff was good enough to publish on Yahoo! is good enough for me. Here's a link:

The 2011 All-Disappointment MLB Fantasy Team

My sister's asshole boyfriend is finally out of her life for awhile because he's in jail for impersonating a police officer and if he did the other stuff they are investigating him for then let him rot. It's just a shame my sister has spent the last two days being questioned by the police and FBI because of his dumb ass.

Thanks, everyone! You all rule muchly. If you get a chance, click the "Like" button on the page. The more people who like the article, the more likely Yahoo is to publish my upcoming articles.

I shall do so, sir! Even if the article may as well have been written in Swahili for all I know about baseball, it's quite the achievement to be published on such a mainstream site. Hearty congratulations!