• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just this morning, I've paid off a massive debt that has been hanging over me for months. It's such a relief. I've also just finished reading a book that has helped me overcome some serious annoyances in my life. This debt was not supposed to be paid off for another year, and now, it is gone from my life. Forever.

I've learned to not let other people and things bother me, and consume my life. The people who bother me, do not even know that they bother me, so the only person I am hurting with my miserable attitude, is myself.

I also just found out that when you have something bad happen, don't just bitch and moan about it, take some action, and you'd be surprised with the responses. Just this past Friday, I went to a comic shop, wanting to buy something, asked about the price, and was quoted a bit more than I was expecting. I mentioned that on their website (It's a small shop, they ship from the store) it was £10 cheaper. The assistant, who was on the internet at the time, said I was wrong and said "Well, it's £70 here" and went back to what he was doing. I left the shop feeling relatively pissed off. As not only had he called me a liar, he could have easily checked the price, and spoken to another member of staff, but he just didn't seem to care.

I left the shop and said I'm never going in there again, as I was certain I was in the right. I wasn't asking the person to try and get a discount, I was asking to make sure I wasn't being ripped off. If it's cheaper for me to go on your website, and you to take it from the shelf and ship it to me, then me picking it up here and now, why should I bother paying the extra money?

I went home and went online to check their website myself, and sure enough, the price on the site was £60. My first reaction was to swear never to go into that shop again. My second, which I followed was to call the store and ask about the price difference. I spoke to the manager, who first told me, I was quoted the wrong in store price, and then he said "I apologise for that .If you still want it, I can give you a 10% discount" which was great to me, as all I wanted, was the thing for the price they were charging online, and an apology, at no point when I called did I think "He better offer me a discount" and when he said sorry and offered the discount, suddenly my anger about the entire situation just disappeared. I went the next day, spoke to the manager, got my wrestling belt (Replica World Championship for my room) and he once again said sorry about the confusion. To which I, honestly said, "These things happen." and was just happy that I wouldn't need to be so annoyed about a simple misunderstanding. So, not only did I get the thing I wanted, the store actually cared about my business enough to offer me a courtesy discount, they didn't have to, but it was really nice that they offered.

Later that day, I went and saw my dad, and took his dogs for a walk, and they went past a pet shop, which I'd swore to myself never to go into, as the assistant in the store treated me like a thief when I last went in. I decided to let the anger go, and realised that my annoyance was only holding myself back, and when I went in, it was like a weight had been lifted, and I spoke to the staff, who were nice and courteous, and they actually treated me like a valued customer, which is always nice.

So, yeah, a lot of progress being made for me not letting such little and pointless things bother me as much as they used to, and just trying to move on from stuff that has bothered me so much, in the past.

Sorry for such a long rambling post, I'm just feeling really good, about the little progresses I have made in my life, recently, as all these little things, will add up, over time, to make my life so much better.

Also, I'm now the proud owner of a replica World Heavyweight Championship. Something I've wanted to own for years, but never could get, until now.

I'm going back to school in January. I'm only six classes away from getting my English degree, and I'm taking two this upcoming quarter. Depending on if they actually offer any upper-level classes in the summer (doubtful), I should finally...FINALLY graduate college by May 2013.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...