The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't sure where to post this, but Ben has been super into Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Today, I introduced him to Batman: The Animated Series. 

"Dad. I wanna watch Batman!"
"Do you wanna watch a special Batman?"
"Yes!" 
-Gives him the BTAS case-
"This is so cool!"
He then gasped and 'Wowed' through the whole opening. 

He's been totally silent through all of "On Leather Wings", completely enamored. 

Edited by Preston

• 11 months later...

This might be more appropriate for “shameless self-promotion” and do let me know if it is, but here it goes:

The book I’ve been working on for two and half years is now done (barring illustrations, the index, a few edits to save the publishers time, and a whiz-bang title).

• 2 weeks later...

I got my documents notarized and sent them to the county party chairman and county clerk. If all goes well, I'll be appointed in a party caucus next month to fill a ballot vacancy and will be a candidate for township board in the November general election.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, slothian said:

Good stuff! Is that akin to a city council on this side of the pond?

No, township government is distinct from city council. (Although I did run for city council in 2015.) Township government handles abandoned cemeteries, emergency assistance to the poor and (usually) fire protection in unincorporated areas. That last one isn't the case in my township because there is a special fire protection district with its own tax rate.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, Pan-dub said:

We're having another child! 

MEGA congrats on the new baby!

Psalm 127:3-5 (NASB)

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.

• 2 months later...