The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been going through some of my T-shirt collection (which is extensive at this point) I've now lost enough weight that I can comfortably wear anything in it again including my treasured vintage 1997 WWF Cactus Jack Wanted Dead shirt or even the mythically rare Manic Street Preachers Masses Against The Classes Kierkegaard shirt. I'm almost scared to let them out in the real world but I'm gonna.

• 2 weeks later...
The Pilot Episode of Arrested Development is currently free on iTunes. STEVE HOLT! But seriously, go and download it if you haven't seen Arrested Development yet.

Gah! Fucking Canadian iTunes!

On the other side of things, a longtime student of mine just had a complete turnaround and may actually graduate this year! I hope so, this is a year that I need a victory.

My favorite band EVER Skunk Anansie are reuniting for a Greatest Hits tour. They've announced a bunch of dates but nothing too close to me yet, and they say they are going to announce more as they are confirmed so I'm sure there will be something in Bristol but I might just go ahead and book tickets for Wolverhampton now and if they come here I'll go to that one too. Besides I've been to the Wolverhampton hall before for wrestling so its no big deal for me to drive up there and back.

I've always wanted to see these guys live, more than any other band I could name. I missed my shot before they broke up eight years ago, I'm going to make the most of it now.

My favorite band EVER Skunk Anansie are reuniting for a Greatest Hits tour. They've announced a bunch of dates but nothing too close to me yet, and they say they are going to announce more as they are confirmed so I'm sure there will be something in Bristol but I might just go ahead and book tickets for Wolverhampton now and if they come here I'll go to that one too. Besides I've been to the Wolverhampton hall before for wrestling so its no big deal for me to drive up there and back.

I've always wanted to see these guys live, more than any other band I could name. I missed my shot before they broke up eight years ago, I'm going to make the most of it now.

I witnessed Skin performing solo at the 2003 V Fest and I was utterly bewildered by what was going on. Skunk Anansie were just slightly before my term although I remember a couple of tracks. Wolverhampton's a dive though - you MUST be eager!! :P

If I didn't have some podcasts to rip audio off of, I'd be going through my new DVDs. At this point, there are loads that I haven't got round to sitting down and watching, which gives me a great reason to hold back on buying things in HMV/through Amazon, which will greatly improve my finances for my MA this autumn. If I only had the same willpower for my Carling habit, I'd be a fairly rich man!

I witnessed Skin performing solo at the 2003 V Fest and I was utterly bewildered by what was going on. Skunk Anansie were just slightly before my term although I remember a couple of tracks. Wolverhampton's a dive though - you MUST be eager!! :P

Skin's solo work is just OK, it doesn't set the world alight. The unit of Skunk Anansie though, they make these militant black punk pop ballads with driving basslines, soaring vocals and messages that couldn't be more heartfelt if they were etched into flesh. I consider them a genre unto themselves. I've been hooked for years. Wolverhampton is no obstacle to me, I'd drive to Scunthorpe if I had to.

If I didn't have some podcasts to rip audio off of, I'd be going through my new DVDs. At this point, there are loads that I haven't got round to sitting down and watching, which gives me a great reason to hold back on buying things in HMV/through Amazon, which will greatly improve my finances for my MA this autumn. If I only had the same willpower for my Carling habit, I'd be a fairly rich man!

I kicked the beer habit outside of the odd big 'do every few months, I'm teetotal 98% of the time, its really saved me some cash. My Amazon problem kicked back up a little though, I've bought The Wrestler, Anvil: The Story of Anvil and UFC Undisputed in a few short weeks. I have cut back overall though, I get most of my viewing off my existing collection seen through new eyes on the big TV.

How is UFC Stavros?

I've heard a lot of people are really suprised with how good it is, and why is Amazon so dam easy to buy from!?

I can't play UFC because my Xbox is being repaired after a bout of Red Ring Of Death, I should get it back by the end of the week. From what I played at a friends at the weekend its a lot of fun, especially the groundwork aspect. Being a big fan of the product itself its like a dream come true for a game to be so faithful.

Amazon being easy to buy from is an issue. I overcame my addiction to a degree on the basis that I own most of the films I want to see and I've cut back on random T-shirt buying drastically, and I very rarely buy games, not more than 4-5 a year and almost never full price. Its been tough but I've reached a good place with my online ordering habits.