The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I follow celebrities a little too much. It's a terrible addiction. However, I also get pissed off quite often when the outlets continue to give talentless flesh bags exposure. So, it makes me happy when I saw on E's website when I was checking out The Soup's Blog that the channel has taken a poll and decided to no longer cover Spencer and Heidi Pratt. Thank you for growing some balls and deciding that there are enough fame whores in this world and we can use two less. May others take your cue and may we enter a new age here people start watching good old fashioned scripted TV. Unluckily, since The Soup is on E, this means that Joel McHale has two less slam bags to make fun of but oh well. Small Price to pay.

after taking the kids to swimming lessons we went over to the local library where they had, on the for sale rack, a stack of Cineaste journals. I chose eight (for a quarter a piece) and, since we didn't have our wallets, asked for them to be put on our late charges and the woman behind the desk said "just take them."

Now I just need to find the issue with my article and I'll be super happy.

Found a place tomove into for the fall. Living with my high school buddies James and Setfan. For nerds like us it will be heaven. 1 PS3, 1 360, 2 Wii's, 2 PS2s, 2 Gamecubes. Anime and manga flowing off the shelf. I can't wait.

The fan on my graphics card apparently had a flaw on it that was making it excessively noisy. I call HP and somehow get a person that has a good grasp on what I'm talking about and helps me out and sends me a replacement card. This all occured yesterday. Today, I get home from work and there it is, waiting for me. I get it installed and my compy is nearly silent though I now miss the horrid sound I once heard every time at start-up. I'd gotten used to it and now, it's gone. Oh well.

Well, I've got focal sinusitis, not cancer.

Allergy shots for the next five years, here I come!

My doctors came up with a more drastic solution for my sinus problems. I'm having my adenoids removed next thursday. Its nice that I'll be able to breathe through my nose properly but at the same time I'm not digging the need for general anaesthetic and the painful aftermath.

Allergy shots are not so bad. Congrats on not having cancer!

Thanks. I'm glad too. Polyps and cysts in one's sinus cavity are not necessarily sexy, you know?

Allergy shots are not so bad. Congrats on not having cancer!

Thanks. I'm glad too. Polyps and cysts in one's sinus cavity are not necessarily sexy, you know?

My mother had nasal polyps. I was in the room when they scoped her nose with a camera. I was maybe 9, 10. I remember yelling at the doctor for not stopping when she was crying out in pain. But: Des? Not sexy? Ever? Doubtful.

Stav, I had my adenoids out when I was very, very small. Used to get mucho ear infections.

Stav, I had my adenoids out when I was very, very small. Used to get mucho ear infections.

Never had ear infections, just restricted air flow through my nose that doctor finally discovered a reason for last year.

Apparently the anenoids are supposed to shrink with age but mine never did, so now I'm facing frickin surgery and the possibility of some serious nosebleeds due to all the major blood vessels that are in there at this point. I'm jokingly (not really) blaming my parents for not sorting this out when I was a kid. Their guilt makes me feel better. I've also got polyps as a result of the other thing, so they are removing those whilst they are in there.

Apparently the anenoids are supposed to shrink with age but mine never did, so now I'm facing frickin surgery and the possibility of some serious nosebleeds due to all the major blood vessels that are in there at this point.

When I woke up after being put under for the surgery (had tubes put in my ears as well), I puked blood for a while. Not a fun memory. Hope you've got a special someone around to heap tender, loving care (and ice cream and cold beverages and pain killers) on you while you recover.

Apparently the anenoids are supposed to shrink with age but mine never did, so now I'm facing frickin surgery and the possibility of some serious nosebleeds due to all the major blood vessels that are in there at this point.

When I woke up after being put under for the surgery (had tubes put in my ears as well), I puked blood for a while. Not a fun memory. Hope you've got a special someone around to heap tender, loving care (and ice cream and cold beverages and pain killers) on you while you recover.

My mum's picking me up from hospital to keep an eye on my for the required 24 hours post-surgery and I'm driving home the next day to spend the week lying in bed downing all the pills and frosty foodstuffs I can. Glad I don't have the ear thing, its sounds nasty. Plus I really don't want to become a complete invalid since I'm taking care of myself for most of it.

Don't worry, I'll nurse him back to health...

Don't worry, I'll nurse him back to health...

...I'm scared