The "Good news, everyone!" thread

James D.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey. My days of stalking teenage girls are long over. I stalk pre-teen girls, now.

Moving up in the world sir.

I just sold a pile of my old comics and trades that I don't read anymore on eBay, their in good condition and several have sold already, after shipping, and waiting for people to definetly get the stuff, I made £60!

That's £60 towards paying my debts off, yay!

My music library, after about a month, is more or less restored. Just have to buy an album off iTunes (or find it via illegal means, whichever works better), and get some stuff from people in the fall or in the next few weeks. 33 gigs, and this time, I'm backing it up.

Also, going out to Madison tonight to be drinking and celebrating with friends.

Another rejection, but this time it's personal!

Nicolette,

Thanks for submitting this. It's well-written and interesting, but doesn't quite suit our tone, so I'm going to pass. Please keep us in mind for future submissions.

Regards,

Emily Lawton

co-editor, Johnny America

Not a surprising reaction, to be honest (it's going to be hard to place a story that starts funny, and ends horrible, and includes the narrator's own blood being wiped on her tits), but it's something. And I'll drink to that.

Cheers!

As of tomorrow, I will have made enough money to pay off the money I owed for mistakes made last year!

^_^

Yay, and to celebrate, I got my self to a chippy, got a roll and chips, a roll and fritter and a bottle of Irn Bru.

Damn, it was awesome.

Heh, spot the guy from Scotland!

I have a day off work after going to a charity festival with Adham at the weekend. I spent £30 on beer and had an awful hangover the next morning, but it was all bottled rather than in pint form. As a result, I haven't gained any weight and all of that money went towards African schools, making it the most justifiable hangover ever!

As of tomorrow, I will have made enough money to pay off the money I owed for mistakes made last year!

^_^

Yay, and to celebrate, I got my self to a chippy, got a roll and chips, a roll and fritter and a bottle of Irn Bru.

Damn, it was awesome.

Shit, I miss the days of chippies and Irn Bru's...

Congrats Suavestar.